connection benchmark

MassaDebata85

Imo those are not normal.. Those type of spikes would not result in an A+ results.. Are you on a pc when logged into your R2? If not try your pc..  If you get the same results then maybe a reboot is needed.. If you look at some of the details in your results you can see that something doesnt make sense.. Example is your jitter is 5.53ms. That seems like a fair share of jitter.. Has it always been like that?

Thanks.

Zippy.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, MassaDebata85 said:

yes using qos and no i havent..but it detects full speed no matter what with qos on or off in the benchmark

7 minutes ago, Paddee1987 said:

i was finding this too with the benchmark

Congestion Control doesn't affect the speed aspect because it's a test of your general connection, seeing if you get your normal speeds throughout the day etc. It does however affect Ping Under Load so try different percentages to bring this down as much as possible.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Congestion Control doesn't affect the speed aspect because it's a test of your general connection, seeing if you get your normal speeds throughout the day etc. It does however affect Ping Under Load so try different percentages to bring this down as much as possible.

ah okay thanks for clearing that up fraser!

it def brings it down.  but a 20 ms ping spike ever second isnt normal..i already switched my modem to make sure i didnt have the puma chip thing lol..im assuming my coax cables need checked..i sure do miss verizon fios..comcast/xfinity is rubbish..

7 minutes ago, MassaDebata85 said:

it def brings it down.  but a 20 ms ping spike ever second isnt normal..i already switched my modem to make sure i didnt have the puma chip thing lol..im assuming my coax cables need checked..i sure do miss verizon fios..comcast/xfinity is rubbish..

Wouldnt hurt to have your coax cables checked.. Thats a good idea! Glad to hear you dont have the puma chipset in your modem.. Im not on the same ISP as yourself but the only time ive had any luck getting control of ping was when I went to a DOCSIS 3.1 modem..  I cant wait until I can wipe my hands clean of cable.. lol.. It is indeed rubbish! 

Zippy.

4 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Wouldnt hurt to have your coax cables checked.. Thats a good idea! Glad to hear you dont have the puma chipset in your modem.. Im not on the same ISP as yourself but the only time ive had any luck getting control of ping was when I went to a DOCSIS 3.1 modem..  I cant wait until I can wipe my hands clean of cable.. lol.. It is indeed rubbish! 

Zippy.

i believe  i have a docsis 3.1 but ill have to check..and agreed.  i had fios at my last place and got crazy gameplay.