R2 Rapps spinning wheels of death...

JoeGantic

Hello,

I've had my R2 running for 2 days straight now and starting last night I began having very slow response with most of the rapps. They would take a very long time to get into and once in the apps would work at a crawl. For example, the network monitor which is the most important one for me would update maybe every 5-10 seconds instead of every second like it started out at first.

As of this morning when I go the to dashboard, only the network status and traffic overview are showing. All the other apps just have continuous spinning wheels and I eventually get the message: "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp." If I try to go into any of the apps individually I get the same results.

I've tried multiple machines and browsers with no change. I haven't rebooted the router which I imagine would fix this at least temporarily, just in case anyone there would like to look into it while it's in this state. It also does not seem to be affecting any of the connected devices, just the web interface itself...

Thanks!

Joe

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators
46 minutes ago, UnixSkunk said:

I am also encountering this issue....

12 minutes ago, Christian Emery said:

I have the same problem....

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What firmware are you both on? In the System Information page in the Rapp panel option menu change the number of retries to 5 and then reboot the router from the interface and see if it works properly after that.

I recently got my R2 and it seems like every few hours this same problem happens to me. Ive changed the retries and im currently on the 3.0.205 firmware.

Inevitably after an hour or so Geo-filter will stop loading and I have to reboot it in order to make any changes in Geo-filter or even turn off the filtering mode. I've had to restart it three times today. I also tried a factory reset. It still keeps failing and giving me "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp."

Any known solutions for this?

• Administrators

What is your exact physical setup? Do you have it powered direct to a wall outlet or using a power extender? If the latter then try direct to the wall please and see if that works better please.

I have switched it to powered direct to the wall. Geo-filtering is still having issues unfortunately. It is directly connected to a modem.

EDIT: Its consistently giving "Rapp has not loaded yet." Error.

EDIT 2: I've also reinstalled the firmware and performed a factory reset. Within about 30 minutes of this the Geo-filter GUI has stopped responding again with the "Rapp has not loaded yet." I'm also a Sr Linux Administrator so i've tried to apply troubleshooting approach to this and it really just feels like I may have a faulty router or this is just a poorly programmed router, I am hoping its the first option and not the later.

• Administrators

Are you using a pure modem or a modem/router? Can you take a look at the log in System Information and see whether there are any entries around the time it happens and post them here please?

• Administrators

Can you provide a full screenshot of what you're seeing when this happens please? Also click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then hover above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.