First impressions: fixes, pros , cons and questions!

CRarsenxL

+ Love the look.

+ 100% feels more stable when playing cod. 

- Had to change gateway back to 192.168.1.1 cause my set top boxes need this gateway. 

- Base ping (23ms) increased via ping plotter when pinging google.com. XR300 pinged (17ms) google.com, with the same original settings as the R2.

- Auto detect feature for CC keeps recommending 100/100 when prioritizing ping even when changing values to my actual speeds (550/650) or leaving it default 1000/1000. 

? GeoFilter doesn’t show IPs for peer hosts like previous versions. 

- wifi gets slowly worse overtime but a reboot fixes the issue automagically 

?  I noticed when my PS4 pulls the max bandwidth .2 , .2 for cod the game feels AMAZING. But it fluctuates from .1, .01 etc mid game. Sometimes both down and up are holding that .2 but sometimes no. I know once the game end it will go lower but is there any way to hold that .2 the entire game? Share bandwidth is on and majority of it is pulled to the PS4. Leaving 2% for the rest of the devices. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, fiefo said:

+ Love the look.
+ 100% feels more stable when playing cod. 

- Had to change gateway back to 192.168.1.1 cause my set top boxes need this gateway. 
- Base ping (23ms) increased via ping plotter when pinging google.com. XR300 pinged (17ms) google.com, with the same original settings as the R2.
- Auto detect feature for CC keeps recommending 100/100 when prioritizing ping even when changing values to my actual speeds (550/650) or leaving it default 1000/1000. 
- wifi gets slowly worse overtime but a reboot fixes the issue automagically 

? GeoFilter doesn’t show IPs for peer hosts like previous versions. 
?  I noticed when my PS4 pulls the max bandwidth .2 , .2 for cod the game feels AMAZING. But it fluctuates from .1, .01 etc mid game. Sometimes both down and up are holding that .2 but sometimes no. I know once the game end it will go lower but is there any way to hold that .2 the entire game? Share bandwidth is on and majority of it is pulled to the PS4. Leaving 2% for the rest of the devices. 

+ Glad that you like the look and that it is giving you a better experience online.

- The R2 uses 192.168.77.1 so I'm not sure I get your gateway comment. What do you get when doing the connection benchmark test? (this also uses Google but goes direct from the router so rules out any wireless contention for example). We'll continue to improve upon the Auto Setup feature - it is only meant as a suggestion so don't need to heed its advice. We have a few versions that adjusts the aggressiveness of it so far. We are improving WiFi as well and have a new version coming soon that has WiFi improvements as well as new WiFi options like auto changing channel etc. 

? It won't always show the IP address of a host. What values are you talking about and where are you measuring this?

4 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

I just got mine shipped. Is the auto cc function currently bug? 

and what is your connection method? Pppoe or dmz?  I heard pppoe is currently bugged on download. 

It's not like that for everyone but we've got a few versions that tweak its effectiveness.

Again another user had that fixed with an update we have so there not all issues that everyone has.

I know with the old Duma os, for peer hosts it showed the IP address but now it’s something like spectrum.example.com. 

also my gateway comment was just me being confused when I opened it up. My set top boxes are bridges from another router and need the gateway 192.168.1.1 to allow internet through it. The R2 was on the 77 and I didn’t know but was able to figure it out. 

can anyone address my PS4 bandwidth question above? 

And looking forward to the WiFi improvements!

• Administrators

We just show what we are given so you probably see IPs at some point. Gotcha! Sorry turns out I thought my response to the PS4 question but didn't write it down. Where are you getting those values and what do they represent, are you looking on the CoD menu?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, fiefo said:

My in game bandwidth for cod sometimes grabs only 2k when usually 4-4.1 is great. If I have my bandwidth allocated to it and no ones on the internet, how come it can be that low?

If your settings allow the game to take that much then there won't be anything restricting it other than the game. The device/application itself requests what it needs so if it's not showing it then it doesn't want it.

The game can pull max 4K ish bandwidth. Since I have allocated much more to it, it shouldn’t really ever dip below that. Sure their are anomalies, but I noticed upon a reboot, I consistently pull 2k for about 10-20 mins