Best browser

liveandletdie34

1 hour ago, liveandletdie34 said:

Any idea of the best browser to open duma os in. As when I have it open on my pc and playing cod there is slight lag only very little but enough to bother me. Thanks in advance 

I have always used Chrome. I know other people have used Firefox and pretty much every other browser out there but I have tried Safari (I'm on a Mac) and it didn't work out well, going all the way back to the R1 in 2014 but this is just my experience...Chrome seems to work the best IMO.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you explain the lag you're getting? Would it be possible to take a small video of what you mean? I use the Brave browser which is basically Google Chrome. I think we mostly use Chrome so try that.

I probably wouldn’t Fraser no as it’s so little but enough to notice. Only way to explain it. It’s more noticeable on aiming as it feels like it sticks when moving left or right also moving forward. It goes when I close the app

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you explain the lag you're getting? Would it be possible to take a small video of what you mean? I use the Brave browser which is basically Google Chrome. I think we mostly use Chrome so try that.

• Administrators

So are you tabbing between the game and the browser? If you have the Windows game mode on and the recently introduced hardware accelerated GPU scheduling then you may see some slight lag there when tabbing out as it's prioritizing the game. I have two monitors and one of those moving desktop backgrounds and it's really apparent when it's prioritzing the game as the background goes glitchy.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So are you tabbing between the game and the browser? If you have the Windows game mode on and the recently introduced hardware accelerated GPU scheduling then you may see some slight lag there when tabbing out as it's prioritizing the game. I have two monitors and one of those moving desktop backgrounds and it's really apparent when it's prioritzing the game as the background goes glitchy.

No I don’t realy tab in and out I have the geo filter open on screen boot the game up start to find a game see what server and ping I am getting then I go back onto the game that’s normally it until I start seeing the lag then I close it then it feels smooth again. I was starting to think it was my rig at one point. But not sure pretty new to pc gaming but I have an i7 7700k cpu a gtx 1070 turbo gpu I know there pretty old but I am sure it won’t have anything to do with them will it. Not enough power so to speak 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, liveandletdie34 said:

No I don’t realy tab in and out I have the geo filter open on screen boot the game up start to find a game see what server and ping I am getting then I go back onto the game that’s normally it until I start seeing the lag then I close it then it feels smooth again. I was starting to think it was my rig at one point. But not sure pretty new to pc gaming but I have an i7 7700k cpu a gtx 1070 turbo gpu I know there pretty old but I am sure it won’t have anything to do with them will it. Not enough power so to speak 

If you only see it when you're playing a game then it's definitely because the PC is prioritizing the game so I don't think there is anything to worry about there.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you only see it when you're playing a game then it's definitely because the PC is prioritizing the game so I don't think there is anything to worry about there.

If I had two screens on with os open do you think my problem could get worse.as it would be better for me as I can see it all the time then 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, liveandletdie34 said:

If I had two screens on with os open do you think my problem could get worse.as it would be better for me as I can see it all the time then 

It might be slightly slow but my advice would be use something less intensive so probably Firefox and don't have that hardware acceleration option I mentioned enabled.