Multiple Xbox Ones (3) and other devices

I currently have a xr500 with 1GB Spectrum internet.  My xbox is wired and my 2 sons are wireless or wired at times.  What I've noticed is that if I try to log on after they do, when I do I have a moderate or strict NAT type.  I have to have everyone log off so that I can reset the router then I log on first to get my NAT open.  Most times theirs ends up being moderate or strict once they log on. 

What are the best setting recommendations so that all 3 of us get solid connection and/or open NATs. Keep in mind my wife is streaming TV at any given time as well. 

I'm curious to know if anyone else has 2-3 xbox ones in their home and whats the experience? 

We have 4 Xboxes and as long as the console NAT is open I dont concern myself if in game says moderate, if its strict then Ill reboot the console or the router but I've never had any issues with in game saying moderate as long as the console is open.

There is a setting on the XR500 called NAT Filtering that you can change from secured to open which makes the firewall a little less strict, that will give you open NAT in game on all consoles.

As for when your wife is streaming TV I would experiment with diffrent QoS settings to find what works best for you. I set my QoS sliders at 70/70 but everyones connection is diffrent so its best to find whats optimal for you. There is a couple of great guides here on QoS and  also how to use PingPlotter to find the best settings to get the most stable ping.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Let us know how you get on.

I really need some help. Can someone help me log on remotely to configure my router? I am coming off a Asus RT-AC86U  and really dont want to return this router I just bought which is the XR500. I really want to take advantage of the Geo-Filter etc. I have Spectrum gigabit internet and I am in the Los Angeles. I downloaded ping plotter as suggested and I have bad latency spikes that I cant get under control. On top of that my speeds just not where they were at with the Asus which makes no sense. Ive tried everything, Ive spent the whole day adjusting the anti bufferbloat sliders trying to find something even close to flat to no avail. I've tried adjusting my bandwith allocation as well and nothing! My latency is horrible, never been this bad. My sons are not  even here on their xbox's and i already having all these issues, cant imagine when they are back. My speed test on set up shows 800-900 download, my speed test from the nighthawk app on phone shows 800 but speed test on dslreports show 300?? how? earlier my wife was on netflix and the really high latency was the screenshot during.

I m not too familiar with networking, just a gamer trying to get better speeds and latency. Hopefully someone can help.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

image.png

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you perform a ping plotter test direct to the modem, do you get the same results?

This is speeds and ping plotter direct to modem. 

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (23).png

What speed should I be using for anti bufferbloat? These were taken at same time

This is my speed detection on setup and this is the speed test on XR500 direct to laptop

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (37).png

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that. What is your ISP modem/router model and are ALL devices connected to the XR?

Modem has no name on it. Its a spectrum modem, model# E31T2V1 Docsis 3.1 emta. Most devices are currently connected to the router, my sons have xboxones and they left for a week or 2. When they return it will have 2 more xbox , 1 ipad and a iphone (if that's what you meant).

Fraser, please let me know when you have time to get this knocked out, otherwise although I love the geo-filter i will have no choice but to return. I am having too many issues. 

6 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Most of those E31T21V1 modes are Hitron or UBEE i believe. Not great modems. 

This is the spectrum approved list of modems. Which do you recommend? 

Screenshot (41).png

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you're doing these tests do you select 'Always' as you really need to do that to ensure the QoS is applying properly.

Yes, I have tried always. I literally spent at least 2 days trying lots of different variations. 

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you're doing these tests do you select 'Always' as you really need to do that to ensure the QoS is applying properly.

Its on always now and this is what its reading. Should I be using the speeds that the router showed on set up or the speeds im getting via wired to the router? 

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (43).png

2 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Do you get that speed with the Laptop directly connected to your current modem?

Did you test thru the XR router with QoS disabled on the router? 

For 1G speed tiers, the Netgear Cm1000, 1100 or Arris Sb8200 would be good.

Yes, see my aobe screenshots. With my laptop direct to the modem I was getting those speeds. I did test with QOS disabled, didnt take screen shots but I really didnt see a difference. 

What speeds should I place in the anti blufferbloat? Should I leave the speed it detected on setup which is the same I got when I ethernet laptop to modem? 900 up and 40down or should I place the speeds I get when I ethernet router to laptop which is 600 up and 20 down? I've tried both just looking to get direction from someone who knows. 

• Administrators

Leave the speeds that it has entered for you, that is fine. What is happening on the network during that test? When you do it next can you get a screenshot of the network monitor as well please? Are you using PPPoE, VLAN, DHCP identifiers or IPv6?

I just activated IPv6. During that test, I was on this laptop just looking at ping plotter and this topic, work laptop working remotley, ring doorbell is connected, cell is connected not being used, Fire TV is streaming sling tv, wife had phone on streaming sling tv.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Leave the speeds that it has entered for you, that is fine. What is happening on the network during that test? When you do it next can you get a screenshot of the network monitor as well please? Are you using PPPoE, VLAN, DHCP identifiers or IPv6?

This is how it looks right now. Xbox is on playing MW TDM, FireTV is streaming Sling TV, Phone is streaming Sling TV, this laptop is on connected to the nighthawk app and this topic, work laptop connected remotely, ring doorbell is on. 

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (47).png

• Administrators

That's not too bad really and certainly not enough bandwidth being used to cause issues given your speeds. For Traffic Prioritization disable the DumaOS Classified Games and add any consoles manually with the Games Console service and see if they perform better. Did you also switch NAT Filtering to Open?