Slow network fixed after R2 reboot

david

I noticed some lag in COD today, I ran some connection tests on the R2 which were all good but then ran some dslreports.com speedtests from a wired PC  - these were either very low speeds and high ping and buffer bloat or failed completely. The R2 UI was very slow taking a couple of minutes to fill in the system information page.  There were a few out of memory errors in the log which didn't look healthy so I rebooted the R2 and the dslreports speedtest went back to normal. I've attached the log.

log-1597522276430.txt

• Administrators

So you did connection benchmark and it was fine and then DSLReports it wasn't? If that's the case then it indicates it could be something to do with the PC as benchmark does a test directly from the router whereas DSLReports will go direct from the PC. Which R2 version are you on at the moment? I will get a dev to check the log.

There were other issues on the network at the same time, Xbox lag and Xbox live disconnects, very slow access to web sites, very slow access to R2 UI, and this was all fixed as soon as I rebooted the R2.

R2 version is 3.0.123

• Administrators
4 hours ago, david said:

There were other issues on the network at the same time, Xbox lag and Xbox live disconnects, very slow access to web sites, very slow access to R2 UI, and this was all fixed as soon as I rebooted the R2.

R2 version is 3.0.123

I've sent you a PM regarding this.

I've had similar issues in the last few days were at first the ping heatmap page stopped loading , then eventually lost access to dumaos page . So twice in three days lost access to dumas os and in both instances it was fixed by power cycling the device to reboot it.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, pmg said:

I've had similar issues in the last few days were at first the ping heatmap page stopped loading , then eventually lost access to dumaos page . So twice in three days lost access to dumas os and in both instances it was fixed by power cycling the device to reboot it.

I've sent you a PM regarding this issue.