Geo-Filter/Fencing servers Help

Tua PR

Hi,

I've been a Netduma R1, XR500 and now the R2  owner. But, I always had issues to set the best configuration for the Geo-Filter.

This is happenening to me with the new Geo-Fencing.

I'm trying to lock the best servers and for some reason, the ones i want are the only ones I cant connect to. With Ping Assist or Without it.

I'm aware that the lowest ping I can get is 65-70ms, but, even though, I cant choose the best server. Any help or suggestion?

My first language is Spanish, so, sorry for any mistake.

Ping Heat Map:

image.png.40df194ec2f504099b55f3f4afaf2941.png

Loading the Game:

image.thumb.png.a6bf0ce659b33c76c2339b021ccdfc47.png

Searching for a Game:

image.png.2a244dce16f3c2553f5ab76f4b8ee389.png

• Administrators

There is more work we need to do regarding Apex Legends on the cloud, as you can see there a few servers are whitelisted there which probably don't need to be. As you can select the server in game I would suggest using Spectating Mode for now.

5 hours ago, Tua PR said:

Ok. Thanks. 

That's my go to game. I hope you guys can fix that.  

I play a ton of APEX and unfortunately at the moment the best way to run the Duma is to pick the server on APEX and leave it on spectate mode.But the up side is you can still use the CC settings to get the best possible connection and stability on your game. I know they are working on updates for APEX as it is a popular game, hang in there man...good things coming for us APEX players.

2 hours ago, fuzzy clam said:

I play a ton of APEX and unfortunately at the moment the best way to run the Duma is to pick the server on APEX and leave it on spectate mode.But the up side is you can still use the CC settings to get the best possible connection and stability on your game. I know they are working on updates for APEX as it is a popular game, hang in there man...good things coming for us APEX players.

That suggestion works on console (Xbox) too?

Because it seems like the game change servers randomly. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Tua PR said:

That suggestion works on console (Xbox) too?

Because it seems like the game change servers randomly. 

Should do yes, that's what I did on PS4. How are you checking that it's changing servers?

On 8/16/2020 at 8:09 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Should do yes, that's what I did on PS4. How are you checking that it's changing servers?

I saw them on the Geo Filter. 

Normally it will kick me from servers several times due to the Filtering. 

I tried to manually get the lowest ping server in the game menu, but, is hit or miss.

I want my nearest server but I end up on Texas servers mostly or NY.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It could be mislocated on the Geo-Filter so wouldn't trust that 100% until we've done a cloud update for Apex. Did the ping show similar to menu ping or higher?

I thought that, but, It's strange that my nearest servers, lowest ping, kicked me if I don't let the farthest ones into the filter.

For example, If this NY server, is outside the filter, I couldn't enter a game. And is a 133ms ping server! Crazy!

image.thumb.png.64b5120bdf1eb95e5ebf3d7c846e0006.png

• Administrators

You're probably blocking an authentication server so we'll whitelist that in an update. You can try to allow it and then force your server but would suggest not using filtering mode at the moment for the game.

Also, you need to realize that just because you choose a certain server on the Apex menu, doesn't mean thats the server you'll be playing on.

Keep your netduma on spectator mode and then let it auto ping the host, in one session Ive played on London, Amsterdam and Frankfurt servers. So you can't really 'force' a server on Apex, because Apex wants you in a game ASAP, it'll throw you in a server if there's any available spot.

Good luck!