R2 connected to XR700 not getting same speeds as XR700.

irving

Hello my Netdumers.

I'm having issues with my R2 putting out the speeds I was receiving when I was only connected to my XR700. I have my XR700 being supplied with the 10Gb SFP+ module input for internet (Comcast with my own netgear gaming cable modem). running all Cat7 cables all 6 feet long. I have my XR700 DMZ out, reserved address and all setting giving the R2 full open speeds. I deactivated all wireless to the R2 since I only want to provide service to my PS4 (Ethernet hard wired) to manage the best connection for Modern Warfare Warzone. My QoS on my XR700 is set at 50 for the R2 Dumaos and the rest of devices is set to 5. When I run a speed test from Ookla on my XR700 speed came back at 232 down / 20 up, on the R2 i'm receiving 153 down / 11 up. on the PS4 pro speed test results were 153 down 15 up on the R2 and after a few hours of gaming on Warzone I decided to retest and got 63 down / 7 up from the R2 device. I rebooted and recheck all settings on both XR700 and R2 and cant seem to get it right. If anyone can help me on why or guiding me through a specific setting on the R2 since its slightly different than the XR700 would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Console speed tests aren't the most accurate in general, if you connect a wired device to the R2 what do you get? You do have plenty for gaming on the console as games won't use more than 1Mbps in most cases.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Console speed tests aren't the most accurate in general, if you connect a wired device to the R2 what do you get? You do have plenty for gaming on the console as games won't use more than 1Mbps in most cases.

Wired XR700 on my Mac Book Pro 232 down / 20 up, on the R2 i'm receiving 153 down / 11 up. I do know console speeds are not accurate but it correlates with the wired speed test both XR700 and R2. Just asking if there's any specific settings I need to set on either the XR700 or R2. Also forgot to mention that my internet connection failed on the PlayStation after I was done playing Warzone. When I first played and tested the R2 with my console It was a complete difference on hit detection and accuracy in other words i was well satisfied with the results. I'm just trying to figure out what setting are best for the XR700 to give full open speeds to the R2 and also what settings from the R2 to  the PS4 pro like i mentioned before the port forwards are slightly different from the XR700 compared to the R2.

• Administrators

So the R2 is behind the DMZ correct? You could also put the PlayStation in the R2 DMZ as well. For the XR700 I'd reset Bandwidth Allocation as the R2 will get what it needs if share excess is enabled. For Anti-BB you'll have to use 'Always' or 'Never' depending on what you want. Then on the R2 use Auto Setup for Congestion Control so it's optimized.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So the R2 is behind the DMZ correct? You could also put the PlayStation in the R2 DMZ as well. For the XR700 I'd reset Bandwidth Allocation as the R2 will get what it needs if share excess is enabled. For Anti-BB you'll have to use 'Always' or 'Never' depending on what you want. Then on the R2 use Auto Setup for Congestion Control so it's optimized.

Yes I have the DMZ on the XR700 appointed to the R2 Dumaos. Correct i have the R2 DMZ to the PlayStation. I will reset and change the setting you recommended today when I get home from work. I will let you know how things turns out. Thanks Fraser!