My experience with the R2.. (some issues)

johnnytran

• Administrators

Hi @johnnytran, sorry about your initial experience. We spoke on TV.  Sorry I wasn't aware of these other issues you're having.

Firstly, your log file is extremely strange so we're very eager to figure out what exactly has caused this. Can you enable RL ( @Netduma Fraser will help you with this).

Lets try address the issues one by one:

1. Wireless we're working on a hotpatch for you, we'll get that soon. In the mean time can you connect the access point to the R2 LAN and connect wireless devices through that. You'll probably want to disable the R2 wireless while using the AP (as it can interfere with it).
  2. Are you still getting "Uncaught ReferenceError: sampler_circular_array_create is not defined"? If so can you consistently get it? If so can we remote access your machine to debug it and fix it? Because we've never seen that error from anyone
  3. Are you QoS settings still resetting? If so can you reproduce it consistently? Again can we get remote access to a machine if you can reproduce it. 

20 minutes ago, Netduma Iain said:

Hi @johnnytran, sorry about your initial experience. We spoke on TV.  Sorry I wasn't aware of these other issues you're having.

Firstly, your log file is extremely strange so we're very eager to figure out what exactly has caused this. Can you enable RL ( @Netduma Fraser will help you with this).

Lets try address the issues one by one:

1. Wireless we're working on a hotpatch for you, we'll get that soon. In the mean time can you connect the access point to the R2 LAN and connect wireless devices through that. You'll probably want to disable the R2 wireless while using the AP (as it can interfere with it).
  2. Are you still getting "Uncaught ReferenceError: sampler_circular_array_create is not defined"? If so can you consistently get it? If so can we remote access your machine to debug it and fix it? Because we've never seen that error from anyone
  3. Are you QoS settings still resetting? If so can you reproduce it consistently? Again can we get remote access to a machine if you can reproduce it. 

Hello Iain!

1. I haven't been able to do this just yet due to my set up (My modem is permanently attached to a wall in the living room and I only have 1 power point free for the R2). I will find a way to do this though.

2. I haven't got the error since then, although it could be because I hadn't rebooted the R2 until now. I just did a reboot and didn't experience any error messages. If it happens again I'll be sure to save a log as soon as it pops up though!

3. I think they reset due to me clicking around where I was not supposed to. I remember toggling between devices and applications and might have hit the reset distribution, who knows. I've left it set to default now because I just wanted to limit the bandwidth of one device and not share excess, but in doing so it will limit everything else I don't want limited. If in the future we can assign certain bandwidth to specific devices without affecting the others, that would be great :)

- If i do try limit something again though and notice it reset, i'll save the log file and let you guys know exactly what i did (..if i remember). Cheers

• Administrators
2 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Hello Iain!

1. I haven't been able to do this just yet due to my set up (My modem is permanently attached to a wall in the living room and I only have 1 power point free for the R2). I will find a way to do this though.

2. I haven't got the error since then, although it could be because I hadn't rebooted the R2 until now. I just did a reboot and didn't experience any error messages. If it happens again I'll be sure to save a log as soon as it pops up though!

3. I think they reset due to me clicking around where I was not supposed to. I remember toggling between devices and applications and might have hit the reset distribution, who knows. I've left it set to default now because I just wanted to limit the bandwidth of one device and not share excess, but in doing so it will limit everything else I don't want limited. If in the future we can assign certain bandwidth to specific devices without affecting the others, that would be great :)

- If i do try limit something again though and notice it reset, i'll save the log file and let you guys know exactly what i did (..if i remember). Cheers

We are releasing a feature that will be in beta around 3 months from now that will give you much greater control, including limiting a single device. If you'd like to test get Fraser to put you in the early access group. But this is at least 3 months away!