IPv6

It does not work if ur behind another router. Your other router does not have the capability to forward the correct info. It does work when using pppoe.

Yes sir.

I do have an IPv6 address.  I have to toggle it on and off to get it to work.  Even though it is left on after a reboot it does not function and has to be toggled again.

I measured ping via ping plotter and the fast app by Netflix.  Both show the same spikes and just exhibit strange behavior when it is on.

However, I can say once I disable IPv6 I am pleased with it.  Even somewhat better than my XR500 that I have on the beta program right now.

The funny thing is the XR500 has the same issue with IPv6.  I always use ABB as well due to having approximately 40 devices connected throughout the house.

Sure.

The embedded test reports 820 down 35 up.

Really close to what I should get.

Also, I get A+ on all 3 tests.

I have ABB set to 70% up and down always on.

I kept it the same when I had IPv6 on as well.

Thank you 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Stephen A Vaught said:

The Netflix Fast app and ping plotter show high loaded ping via IPv6.  Fast app detects that I am using IPv6 address and that is when the issues start.

Could you post your results on here please, would be helpful to analyse. Have you also tried using the auto congestion control tool in QoS?

8 hours ago, Stephen A Vaught said:

Also I do recall a setting in my XR500 that allowed the IPv6 type to be selected.  I could not use Auto. I had to use the drop down and select DHCP.  I do not see a setting such as that in the R2.

We’ll be adding more IPv6 options soon. Good to know you’d like them. 

Hello again,

Using IPv6 in fast app  unloaded 10ms, Loaded will jump to around 100+

Using IPv4 unloaded 9-10ms, Loaded 30-35 ms

I did notice in ping plotter that IPv6 has several more "hops" than IPv4

I have not tried the Auto congestion.  I did however see the button for that.  If I get another test firmware, I will try that as well.

Thank you