Jump to content
albert dh

Can't access web switch S8000

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Since I have installed the XR500 I can't accesbin the web configuration of S8000.

I have tried all. Dhcp in s8000, in XR500, fix ip, connection using a Lan connection, wifi,...

Any ideas?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is your physical setup?

 

Like do you run XR500 -> S8000 -> Device?

 

If so, just typing the IP adress of the switch in your browser should give you access.

 

I use mine in a slightly different fashion, I have:

ONT -> S8000 -> XR500

 

In my case, the switch has a fixed IP and to access the switch you need a extra 'loopback' cable from one of the LAN ports to one of the switch ports.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Cant you access the S8000 by typing in the IP you have assigned it then, Bert?

 

I can now but it needed the extra cable as my switch sits upstream of the routers. I use it to circumvent the VLAN QOS issues and other VLAN related issues like some routers don't allow you to set one. It's a convenience thing really. My ISP supplies 2 routers by default. So you get router 1, that has a bridged port and connects to router 2. By using a upstream switch I am free to do what I want and what routers I choose. The extra cable looping back also allows you to utilize the leftover ports for one of the networks by setting a separate VLAN in the switch.

 

I just set a static IP on the switch that is in the same range as the router's LAN range but outside of the DHCP range so it doesn't interfere with that.

 

So I have 192.168.1.1 for the router and 192.168.1.2 for the switch. 

 

If you utilize the switch as it's supposed to be, downstream of your router, you should just run it in DHCP mode and it should get a IP adress on it's own. Then it's just a matter of typing in the IP from any network source and you get the login page. Setting a fixed IP is also an option, just set it outside of the DHCP range in the router. 

 

The only thing is that I can't remember if the switch shows up on the XR500's device list. (I use it on my other router) because if you run DHCP you need to know what IP is assigned to it in order to access it. Because I remember there being an issue where the XR500 device list only shows devices, but not switches etc.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bert said:

 

I can now but it needed the extra cable as my switch sits upstream of the routers. I use it to circumvent the VLAN QOS issues and other VLAN related issues like some routers don't allow you to set one. It's a convenience thing really. My ISP supplies 2 routers by default. So you get router 1, that has a bridged port and connects to router 2. By using a upstream switch I am free to do what I want and what routers I choose. The extra cable looping back also allows you to utilize the leftover ports for one of the networks by setting a separate VLAN in the switch.

 

I just set a static IP on the switch that is in the same range as the router's LAN range but outside of the DHCP range so it doesn't interfere with that.

 

So I have 192.168.1.1 for the router and 192.168.1.2 for the switch. 

 

If you utilize the switch as it's supposed to be, downstream of your router, you should just run it in DHCP mode and it should get a IP adress on it's own. Then it's just a matter of typing in the IP from any network source and you get the login page. Setting a fixed IP is also an option, just set it outside of the DHCP range in the router. 

 

The only thing is that I can't remember if the switch shows up on the XR500's device list. (I use it on my other router) because if you run DHCP you need to know what IP is assigned to it in order to access it. Because I remember there being an issue where the XR500 device list only shows devices, but not switches etc.

 

 

 

Thanks for the info Bert, I have a S8000 and need to add it. That's helped loads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Bert,

My configurarion is Isp-xr500-switch.

Thank you Bert. Today I will try to put the switch outside of Dhcp. This is the only configurarion that I haven't tried yet.

Perhaps, I will restore the configuration of xr500 if after I don't access in the web configuration of S8000.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 2 days trying to solve the problem the conclusion is that the firmware of the switch is bricked. The switch works but I cannot access in the web of the switch to configure it. It is rare and especially when I coincided that the same day I had an update to windows 10 and the purchase of the xr500 router.
I will contact to netgear to see if the switch can be unbricked but I think it has no solution.
Thanks for the help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, albert dh said:

After 2 days trying to solve the problem the conclusion is that the firmware of the switch is bricked. The switch works but I cannot access in the web of the switch to configure it. It is rare and especially when I coincided that the same day I had an update to windows 10 and the purchase of the xr500 router.
I will contact to netgear to see if the switch can be unbricked but I think it has no solution.
Thanks for the help

I have the S8000 as well. I've had this happen a few times due bypassing AT&T router.

What sometime will happen is that your S8000 will be given a IP address from the DHCP you know the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx for example. If you don't know the exact one, you will be in trouble trying to get it back without realizing it was given a IP as such.

So one method I always do is

Disconnect everything from the S8000.

Then stick a pin in the hole underneath the S8000 to reset it to factory defaults.

Next, Connect wired using a desktop or Laptop and go to your PC settings and give you PC a IP address that's given closely to the default IP address underneath the S8000.

For example, default for the GS8089E(S8000) is 192.168.0.239... So on your PC give it IP address as so staticipPC.thumb.png.b6ab83e9299650d11942efc5af1f3f2a.png

Then you should be able to type in the address 192.168.0.239 into the address bar and log into the S8000 with default login/password of the S8000 which should be username: admin and password: password

or whatever your is underneath the S8000.

Then you can set it up as normal.

with going back to your PC and changing everything back to automatically when you're done with setting up the S8000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

Tengo el S8000 también. Esto ha sucedido varias veces debido a que evité el enrutador AT&T.

Lo que sucederá en algún momento es que su S8000 recibirá una dirección IP del DHCP que conoce, por ejemplo, 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. Si no conoce el exacto, tendrá problemas para intentar recuperarlo sin darse cuenta de que recibió una IP como tal.

Entonces, un método que siempre hago es

Desconecta todo del S8000.

Luego inserte un alfiler en el orificio debajo del S8000 para restablecerlo a los valores predeterminados de fábrica.

A continuación, conéctese con cable usando una computadora de escritorio o portátil y vaya a la configuración de su PC y proporcione a su PC una dirección IP que se proporcione estrechamente a la dirección IP predeterminada debajo del S8000.

Por ejemplo, el valor predeterminado para el GS8089E (S8000) es 192.168.0.239 ... Entonces, en su PC, déle la dirección IP como tal staticipPC.thumb.png.b6ab83e9299650d11942efc5af1f3f2a.png

Luego, debería poder escribir la dirección 192.168.0.239 en la barra de direcciones e iniciar sesión en el S8000 con inicio de sesión / contraseña predeterminados del S8000, que debe ser nombre de usuario: admin y contraseña: contraseña

o lo que sea que esté debajo del S8000.

Entonces puedes configurarlo como normal.

con volver a su PC y volver a cambiar todo automáticamente cuando haya terminado de configurar el S8000.

Hello,

thank you!!!  I   I have not tried the solution that you have given.
Today I will try your solution, I hope to be lucky!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TrayDay said:

I have the S8000 as well. I've had this happen a few times due bypassing AT&T router.

What sometime will happen is that your S8000 will be given a IP address from the DHCP you know the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx for example. If you don't know the exact one, you will be in trouble trying to get it back without realizing it was given a IP as such.

So one method I always do is

Disconnect everything from the S8000.

Then stick a pin in the hole underneath the S8000 to reset it to factory defaults.

Next, Connect wired using a desktop or Laptop and go to your PC settings and give you PC a IP address that's given closely to the default IP address underneath the S8000.

For example, default for the GS8089E(S8000) is 192.168.0.239... So on your PC give it IP address as so staticipPC.thumb.png.b6ab83e9299650d11942efc5af1f3f2a.png

Then you should be able to type in the address 192.168.0.239 into the address bar and log into the S8000 with default login/password of the S8000 which should be username: admin and password: password

or whatever your is underneath the S8000.

Then you can set it up as normal.

with going back to your PC and changing everything back to automatically when you're done with setting up the S8000.

Hello TrayDay,

I have been lucky with your help! Now I just revived the switch. I have done the same as you explained and it has been solved.

Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...