R2 discount for R1 owners

david

Any chance of an R2 discount for long suffering R1 owners. I still can't get full bandwidth for my 400MB broadband through the R1 when anti-bufferbloat is enabled I only get about 100MB but then get full 400MB when anti-bufferbloat is disabled. Currently running the latest DumaOS but this has been a problem since the original R1 OS. Hoping an upgrade to the R2 would fix the problem but £130 is a bit more than I can afford at the moment.

Yes UK based. I figure I’ve already paid for the DumaOS for the R1 and I was a early adopter so would be nice if I didn’t have to pay for it again for the R2. Grates that the cost is mostly the software and I already have that.

9 hours ago, david said:

Yes UK based. I figure I’ve already paid for the DumaOS for the R1 and I was a early adopter so would be nice if I didn’t have to pay for it again for the R2. Grates that the cost is mostly the software and I already have that.

To be fair you can really expect it to work like a windows or Mac operating system which you can use on multiple computers as you purchased the software independently. 
3.0 is due out At some point for the R1 so I would hang in there if the R2 is just out of reach at the moment. 

• Administrators

This was the main reason for the launch discount as we knew that the first people to purchase were going to be existing R1 owners who wanted to upgrade. We've never charged for DumaOS the original firmware was there for a long time, originally what you paid for was the R1 hardware and the original firmware and we then gave you DumaOS and you will now be getting DumaOS 3.0 for free as well.