Xr300 optimal PS4 settings?

Need help with xr300 qos settings. 
what is the absolute best settings for PS4? 
I’ve got fios 940/840 

cat 8 cabling all the way around ( I know it’s overkill)

after all my devices connected  I get around 500-600 or 400-500.

I’ve been tinkering with bufferbloat, bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization.

need help optimizing! As long as other devices on my network work, I’m ok with it. I need my PS4 with all the juice!!

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, fiefo said:

Need help with xr300 qos settings. 
what is the absolute best settings for PS4? 
I’ve got fios 940/840 

cat 8 cabling all the way around ( I know it’s overkill)

after all my devices connected  I get around 500-600 or 400-500.

I’ve been tinkering with bufferbloat, bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization.

need help optimizing! As long as other devices on my network work, I’m ok with it. I need my PS4 with all the juice!!

Your PS4 does not need all the juice, games use very little bandwidth in all honestly, also the XR300 is probably underpowered for your line's throughput, at those speeds you would have a hard time saturating it, so QoS really isn't needed. Also make sure you have updated to the hotfix below to prevent your router from being attacked remotely and taken over. https://kb.netgear.com/000062023/XR300-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-44-Hot-Fix

I haven’t touched the bandwidth allocation section. I’ve tested it multiple times. I leave the PS4 at the bare minimum bandwidth to get 4K bandwidth in game (bo4). I play comp cod so I’m not using dedi servers more player hosted servers. How would I go about reducing latency to player hosted servers? Also, is the xr300 not powerful enough for gig speeds? With all my devices connected I’m at 500-600, 450-550 range. How come I get 100-5 on my PS4? That never happen on my ISP FIOS G3100 besides usual throttling hours 

• Administrators

You'll need to use QoS for that since you can't change/force different servers in your scenario, follow the QoS guide in the guides I linked and that should give you a good starting point. There will be a section that describes how to get full speeds as well so try that. Console tests aren't usually too accurate but if you're using the Geo filter or Traffic Prio then that could affect the results.

Would you recommend disabling traffic prioritization? I have at least 15 devices on my network. I just want consistency bullet reg on player hosted games (custom games) and 4K bandwidth to insure I don’t die in 1 bullet lol. 

• Administrators

I would highly recommend you do use Traffic Prio as that will prioritize your gaming traffic above all else but other than that yes. 70/70 is a good starting point so see how it is and then adjust if needed.

The thing is... I already get low speeds so I feel like allocating bandwidth is necessary  since my xr can’t pick up the higher speeds I’m getting w the isp router :(

There is no ''best setting''.  Everyone has a different internet connection.
- Do your Ps4 in Traffic Prio as 'Game Console'.
- Give your PS4 30% of your bandwidth (gaming doesn't need a lot of bandwidth).
- Start with Antibufferbloat at 70/70% and saturate your line and watch  with PingPlotter how your ping remains the most stable.

For more check out:
QOS: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos
Ping Plotter: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/
Maximum Bandwidth Speeds: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maximum-bandwidth-speeds

Of course you can also use the forum if you have further questions! :)

I’m assuming the amount of wireless devices I have is too bottlenecks the router with my gaming devices. I have 2 routers. XR300 and G3100 by Fios. I could set XR for wireless and use G3100 for wired for gaming. Or vice versa but I’d have to bridge the G3100. What do you recommend. Say I choose the XR as my primary. What would you recommend settings wise if I only have my PS4 + bridged g3100, for this config? Specific settings....?

• Administrators

It's unlikely, how many wireless devices do you have? I don't think you need to routers in router mode for different connection types. I would recommend you either use one for all or put one in AP mode. There are no specific settings, still put the priority on your console, you'd need to put the G3 in the DMZ of the XR though if you have any issues with devices connected to it.