Geo Filter not helping lag on Modern Warfare

Hi I have my nighthawk 300 router set up with geo filtering to within 599 miles of my location.  Ping assist is currently off.  This doesn't seem to help me connect to better lobbies at all.  Every single game I play the ping is well over 100, and high packet loss.

• Administrators

Thanks for those, they're mostly in Georgia which is the other side of the country. As I'm in the UK I'm not familiar but is that a ping you would generally expect from a server that far away? I'd suggest putting your home location in the ocean with strict mode on and use Ping Assist at around 40ms.

• Administrators

Well could you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter when you're in a game and you've got that server please? Then I can see what is going on. Is it actually within the radius? If so then it is just mislocated on the map and we can correct that.

• Administrators

Thank you very much, no need for the screenshot in that case. What I've done is input the IDs you've given me in the form I've linked below. So when the next cloud update is done they will be moved to the correct location. If you find any more IDs you believe to be incorrectly located i.e. ping is way too high for where it's claiming to be located then please pop them in the form so we can correct them.

Thank you for this. However it seems every game I play is this way. I’m not exaggerating. I don’t know if you play modern warfare, but their servers seem to be awful from what the community says. It seems every update they make; my lag will get really bad. Then after awhile I’ll get lobbies that feel how they should be. Then another update comes out and I’m back to lagging. For instance last week I was playing lobbies with 30-40 ping and it was great. The update came out last night, now I can’t play a single game with a ping below 100 or massive packet loss. 

I went and played black ops 4 and it felt really smooth. 

Went back to modern warfare and it was still lagging. 

just to clarify should I report all servers I connect to that are outside of my geo filter circle? I'd have to do that a lot.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, hoffmann44 said:

Thank you for this. However it seems every game I play is this way. I’m not exaggerating. I don’t know if you play modern warfare, but their servers seem to be awful from what the community says. It seems every update they make; my lag will get really bad. Then after awhile I’ll get lobbies that feel how they should be. Then another update comes out and I’m back to lagging. For instance last week I was playing lobbies with 30-40 ping and it was great. The update came out last night, now I can’t play a single game with a ping below 100 or massive packet loss. 

I went and played black ops 4 and it felt really smooth. 

Went back to modern warfare and it was still lagging. 

just to clarify should I report all servers I connect to that are outside of my geo filter circle? I'd have to do that a lot.

Probably what is happening there is that every update they release they see a massive uptick in users, especially because those updates generally seem to be including something new like having 200 players in one game which in and of itself will add strain to the server. If you use Ping Assist exclusively with home location in the ocean then you should be able to find games lower than that.

No no, just if you see any servers within your radius for example that ping much higher than expected then they're likely mislocated so just those ones.