Put PS4 on DMZ

Kostas83

Hi to everyone!

i am wondering if anyone has put the PS4 on DMZ to get nat type 1. In that case the functions of the XR 500 like port forwarding, port triggering, traffic priority, ABB and QoS are still working? If anyone did this how is experience on CoD? The same, worst or better?

41 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

As far as I’m aware you can only get NAT type 1 if the PS4 is connected to a modem only, NAT type 2 is open when the PS4 is connected to a router.

I read that if you put the PS4 on DMZ also you can get nat type 1. I am not sure and I want to give I try. But I want to be sure that all the functions of the router as I told before are still work. 

1 hour ago, Kostas83 said:

I read that if you put the PS4 on DMZ also you can get nat type 1. I am not sure and I want to give I try. But I want to be sure that all the functions of the router as I told before are still work. 

I believe thats false infomation. Also, if you have NAT type 2, that means open NAT. There is no need to have Type 1.

Putting the console in DMZ won’t stop any of the XR500s features from working but if you already have an open NAT there’s no need to put the console in DMZ, it won’t have any effect on your gameplay.