XR500 Does not connect to modem after local power outage

Hi All,

Had a power outage this morning and ever since then my XR500 router wont connect to the internet. The power light is on along with the ethernet lights but the internet light isn't working at all. I can confirm that my modem is connected to the internet and working properly. I've been able to connect a different router to the modem and that connects to the internet just fine.

I've tried the reset button on the back, when I hit it the power light flashes but nothing changes. 

I've also tried all the unplugging and plugging back in methods with both the router and the modem and have had no luck.

I cant access DumaOS to try a factory reset. Is there any other method to access the router and its settings? can you do it via USB?

Any ideas as to why this might be happening would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ethan

21 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Routers hate power cuts and spikes and it may have created a hardware issue. Many have their routers on a backup system to protect them.

did you hold the reset button in for at least 10 seconds?

Thanks for the reply. 

I did try holding it for 10 seconds and had no luck. 

That's unfortunate.. I was scared that it was going to be a hardware issue.

I really enjoyed the router. 😞 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. First hold the reset button down for 30 seconds, let go, wait 1-2 minutes and attempt to access the interface. If that doesn't work please attempt to install the current firmware version again before the router has properly booted by following this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP