Question about the R1 B4 I Purchase

I have a question im shure sum one here can answer it.. I have read that the R1 can only handle 500mbs. I have 600dwn & 25up. Will i still beable to use this router i just purchased it so im hope imnot screwed lol....  

10 hours ago, Ghost-Inside said:

I have a question im shure sum one here can answer it.. I have read that the R1 can only handle 500mbs. I have 600dwn & 25up. Will i still beable to use this router i just purchased it so im hope imnot screwed lol....  

Yes, you should be fine. Some R1's may vary as with any router on the market on how the it's built. Someone with an R1 may get full or close to full 1gigabit speeds. While another, will only obtain, 450mbps. It all varies but 500 I would say would be the sweet spot. But also depending on the amount of network connecting or devices/clients on your network can also reduce to at the lowest 400mbps. All and all, you should be fine.

You won't be able to use QoS at 600 mbit.

I have 580/500 connection and I will achieve those speeds in superturbo mode, but if I turn on QoS in turbo mode it drops to about 430mbit.

This was on old FW though, not DumaOS.

2 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Yes, you should be fine. Some R1's may vary as with any router on the market on how the it's built. Someone with an R1 may get full or close to full 1gigabit speeds. While another, will only obtain, 450mbps. It all varies but 500 I would say would be the sweet spot. But also depending on the amount of network connecting or devices/clients on your network can also reduce to at the lowest 400mbps. All and all, you should be fine.

Thanks For the info there TrayDay much apprectited sir... 

21 minutes ago, Ghost-Inside said:

Thanks for the reply back Bert.How exactly do i enable Turbo Mode im pretty New to the R1 

On the original FW it's under Misc options I believe, on DumaOS I am not sure if that option is there.

I think turbo mode is on by default, super turbo mode you have to enable yourself and this also disables QoS.

With over 500mbit of bandwidth I would get a XR series router though.