Lose internet connection on reboot, only fixed by factory reset.

zerken

Whenever i reboot my r1 i lose connection to the internet and the wan ip changes to 192.168.1.100 which is a local address. The only way i can fix this is by factory resesting the router which obviously ins't a solution as i lose all my settings.

Welcome to the forum!

I'll assume from the forum you've posted in that you're on DumaOS.

Have you got the R1 connected to another router upstream? Are you using reserved or static IP addresses?

Right so you've got it set up using DHCP... Hmm I can't think of why this would be happening. It might be that, until the next version comes out and we can fix this issue, you have to use an upstream router to handle this.

Is there a time of day that this happens specifically, or just whenever you decide to restart the router?

• Administrators

What you need to do is set the router WAN IP as static on the modem/router and put that IP for the modem to bridge to. It is likely that by not having it static that the IP change which is normal is meaning it is not bridged any more to the R1.

i can't set the wan ip as static because it changes all the time, i also have no way of knowing my wan ip without being connected to the internet. Also when the modem is bridged to the r1 i can no longer access it to change any settings. There are no settings to set ip for bridge you just choose bridge and connect it to lan port 1. I can only get it to work after reboot if i have the modem/router working as an upstream router and with the r1 set on dhcp. I can't use this solution though as i have multiple programs that need to be port forwarded and having two routers makes substantially more difficult to do so.

• Administrators

Well done for fixing the issue and thank you for providing the solution. As it is now resolved I'll close the topic, feel free to open another topic if you have any further questions/issues and we'll be happy to help.