Random internet disconnect.

I have a xr500 and everything was going great as far as geo-filtering and getting lower ping. After a couple days my router would just drop internet and and come back on in a couple minutes, very annoying. Can anyone help me with this problem I am getting ready to send the router back. Much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you go to Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status and let us know what it says for DHCP lease obtained/expires please?

Lease Obtained    0 Days, 2 Hours, 0 Minutes
Lease Expires    0 Days, 1 Hours, 45 Minutes

Also, while getting this information from my router, the router has shut lost internet twice in 15 minutes. The internet light just blinks while doing this.

• 3 weeks later...

Im a Noob to this stuff so I thought I would add my question in here since I am experiencing many issues of connectivity using the XR700 instead of the XR500.  I have multiple Xbox One Consoles (7 total) 4 wired and 3 wireless.  I have random disconnects of service losing all service both wired and wireless.  I see a lot of DoS attack info as well as DHCP lease renew on my logs.  I am at a loss as to what I need to do or have done.  Is there a shadow option where a solid technician could look into my router settings?

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Bruffessor said:

Im a Noob to this stuff so I thought I would add my question in here since I am experiencing many issues of connectivity using the XR700 instead of the XR500.  I have multiple Xbox One Consoles (7 total) 4 wired and 3 wireless.  I have random disconnects of service losing all service both wired and wireless.  I see a lot of DoS attack info as well as DHCP lease renew on my logs.  I am at a loss as to what I need to do or have done.  Is there a shadow option where a solid technician could look into my router settings?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Firstly could you upgrade to this firmware please and when it's completed and the interface is accessible perform a factory reset to eliminate any legacy issues carrying over.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

Monitor the issue on this firmware, if it continues set static/reserved IPs in LAN Settings for affected devices and see if it is still an issue after that please.