High Ping on Xbox One

Hi,

It seems like I have an abnormally high ping on my Xbox since I installed my Netduma router. I have no idea why. Usually it would say 45-50 ping on my Xbox when I run the test, but now it's on 75-80. And when I run the test on the router interface, I get 14-15 ping. I play FIFA and the latency is noticeably worse than it was before. It might be because of EA's poor servers though, I don't know. I play on a wired connection. 

4 hours ago, Gallgher x 11 said:

Hi,

It seems like I have an abnormally high ping on my Xbox since I installed my Netduma router. I have no idea why. Usually it would say 45-50 ping on my Xbox when I run the test, but now it's on 75-80. And when I run the test on the router interface, I get 14-15 ping. I play FIFA and the latency is noticeably worse than it was before. It might be because of EA's poor servers though, I don't know. I play on a wired connection. 

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

I wouldn’t use the Xbox speedtest to diagnose ping, it doesn’t always ping the server closest to you, this could be why your seeing a higher ping from the Xbox test.

Are you seeing your ping fluctuating on the geofilter while you are gaming?

On 5/23/2020 at 4:54 PM, Gallgher x 11 said:

It's stable, doesn't fluctuate much!

If it’s not fluctuating much then there’s definitely no increased latency from your end. Might be worth trying to force a server in another location and seeing if it plays better.

7 hours ago, pollutionblues said:

If it’s not fluctuating much then there’s definitely no increased latency from your end. Might be worth trying to force a server in another location and seeing if it plays better.

how would I do that?

I’ve not played fifa in ages but, when you boot up the game I think you should see all the servers briefly show up on the geofilter (I’ll update my fifa tomorrow and double check this)

Move your geofilter to another server location, make sure strict mode is ticked, set ping assist to 0 then search for a game. Be aware It might take considerably longer than normal to find a game.

Let me know how it goes and I’ll try fifa tomorrow.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, pollutionblues said:

I’ve not played fifa in ages but, when you boot up the game I think you should see all the servers briefly show up on the geofilter (I’ll update my fifa tomorrow and double check this)

Move your geofilter to another server location, make sure strict mode is ticked, set ping assist to 0 then search for a game. Be aware It might take considerably longer than normal to find a game.

Let me know how it goes and I’ll try fifa tomorrow.

I'll have to experiment with that, I'm no expert lol

If we can't trick the game into ignoring the usual server then it may not be possible to do this without having to put up with a very long wait while the game tries every nearby server to no avail.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:01 AM, Netduma Alex said:

If we can't trick the game into ignoring the usual server then it may not be possible to do this without having to put up with a very long wait while the game tries every nearby server to no avail.

I believe that's what's going on :(