USB Tether to hotspot

I live in the stix. Pops loves destiny 2 and he's had sattelite for 6 years playing solo the whole time 24 hrs a day. I tried my Verizon hotspot and boom we got people to play with. Now i'm trying to optimize his connection. Needed a router to get to the IPv6 and eliminate the Xbox port forwarding. Pops even bought Google's best phone and service to do this, and I bought the best gaming router for his birthday and I don't know how to run it off the hotspot, apparently just plugging it into USB and turning tether on is not enough. Help...

1 hour ago, RJHart said:

I live in the stix. Pops loves destiny 2 and he's had sattelite for 6 years playing solo the whole time 24 hrs a day. I tried my Verizon hotspot and boom we got people to play with. Now i'm trying to optimize his connection. Needed a router to get to the IPv6 and eliminate the Xbox port forwarding. Pops even bought Google's best phone and service to do this, and I bought the best gaming router for his birthday and I don't know how to run it off the hotspot, apparently just plugging it into USB and turning tether on is not enough. Help...

Hey RJHart, Im assuming you bought an R1? Im not entirely sure one can connect a hotspot like that to the R1. But im sure the Netduma folks would be able to help and tell you. Also I don't think the R1 is compatible to run IPV6 atm. To help I will tag a few gents that should be able to give you the answers your looking for. @Netduma Alex or @Netduma Fraser One of these guys should be able to help you! Good luck! And welcome to the forum! :)

Give them sometime to respond.   

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Does the hotspot have an ethernet port? If not then there is no way to connect them directly unfortunately as a router needs a direct ethernet connection to get internet. In theory I suppose you could use a WiFi extender to connect to the hot spot, these generally have an ethernet port that you could then connect the router to. Even then, you have a satellite connection and then the router is connected to the hotspot wirelessly so there is a lot of lag issues I could foresee there. The router can only optimize the connection within your home as much as possible, it couldn't help with the general instability of satellite internet.