Geo Filter not working

Hey all, I just built a new pc and have been playing warzone. I've been having trouble with massive ping spikes which I'm certain is caused by a problem with my ISP (xfinity) as I just swapped out my old modem for one of their newest ones and the problem still persists... anyway I'm writing this because I've been trying to use the geofilter to try to help by connecting to servers closer to me (I'm in the PNW) however when I set the geofilter to only connect to servers on the west coast and turn off ping assist the game WILL NOT put me in a match. I'm stuck in the lobby as I watch it say looking for match<58ms ping... <75ms ping...<104ms ping etc. This can go on for 20 min. w/o putting me in a match.

The problem isn't that I can't see the servers because I can, I'm treating my pc as if it is an xbox to ensure that I do... but the game will not listen to my geofilter. I even had one rare occasion where I had my geofilter set to 1,000 km centered around the PNW with ping assist off and the game still connected me to a dedicated server on the east coast.

Should I factory reset my Nighthawk XR300? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate.

Thanks for listening... hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

First I'd suggest following this guide while doing a lot of downloads and adjusting your Anti-Bufferbloat percentages (while using Always) to find what lowers the ping/keeps it most stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping that may also help the Geo-Filter if your ping was too high. If you use Spectating Mode where does the game put you, if you look at the map and what is the ping?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!I'm playing fifa20  on xbox one x and i can't connect to a specific server beside Germany.i tried to connect to a bunch of locations but the router connect me only to Germany servers.I use xr300.

3 hours ago, Ramian85 said:

Hello!I'm playing fifa20  on xbox one x and i can't connect to a specific server beside Germany.i tried to connect to a bunch of locations but the router connect me only to Germany servers.I use xr300.

If you're playing Ultimate Team mode, then unfortunately the Geo-Filter won't be able to work correctly. It will continue to try and connect to your closest server no matter how you configure Geo-FIlter.

23 hours ago, Ramian85 said:

I understand.But if i buy a new version ,for example:XR500 or Xr700?

DumaOS will behave the same between all models.

23 hours ago, Ramian85 said:

With the new dumaOs,3.0 this problem will be solved?

No, because this problem is something that we can't overcome with the current Geo-Filter technology. It's a problem on EA's side.

22 hours ago, Ramian85 said:

I reset the router ,factory settings...and now o can not see anything on the map on both modes.You now why?

Have you added your console back into the Geo-Filter devices panel?