XR500 no hard drive access via W10

I put the XR500 in AP without wifi to be able to use it as a multimedia server but I do not have access to the hard disk via the network under my PC on Windows 10 "Readyshare".
I understand that it was a problem via SMB1 but nothing helps I can not connect to it ...

If someone had the solution ... I'm interested!

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I just had a look at this elsewhere, if you reboot the router after putting it in AP mode then ReadyShare should work after that.

Unfortunately, still no access via the PC.
I think this is due to my version of W10, I am insider and I think that access should be blocked in this version ...
I managed to work around the problem by installing SMB1 file sharing under another version of W10.

I don't think I have much choice but to re-install W10 in a stable version ...🙄

I confirm that it was indeed my version of W10.
After reinstalling, I have access to readyshare again!

Edit

I also think that removing the password when W10 starts can also block access ...

Guest Killhippie

Well done, I though AP mode was just AP and that was that. Learn something new every day. Bit confused, what password did you remove?

12 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Well done, I though AP mode was just AP and that was that. Learn something new every day. Bit confused, what password did you remove?

On W10 to access your session, there is a mandatory password to enter!
But there is a way to delete it Via a trick: command "netplwiz"

Anyway, it's better to create a direct access link (shortcut) to readyshare because access is not always displayed directly via the network panel ...

Edit :

Probably due to the fact that smb1 is considered by W10 to be unsafe, to see if netgear will update it ...