Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm honestly having a frustrating time gaming honestly. I bought the xr500 about a year ago now and it's running the latest update, I play on Xbox and I'm the only one using the network so only my Xbox is wired in and my cell phone is wireless. I did everything on the guide and everything you can think off. My first issue was I can't play Apex legend because of filtering mode. It only allows me to play when spectating mode sadly so I gave up on Apex thanks to this experience. Now I've been playing destiny 2 and it's inconsistent and noticeable latency I've set the profile for destiny etc did ping assist as well it's just bad. Now when I did testing on Xbox, I lose an incredible amount of speed and this is frustrating because I'm paying alot of money and payed alot of money by buying this router. What I pay for is 230 download/ 35 upload and what I'm getting even after disabling qos and traffic prioritization is 172mbps download and 15.41 Mbps upload. At the moment I'm seriously frustrated why,? Because I spend 300+ dollars and i cant even contact customer support because I have to pay for that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've done a cloud update recently so I would first suggest you flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map options and see if that helps with Apex and Destiny. What is the average ping you're getting as shown by the Geo-Filter for Destiny? Console speed tests are not 100% accurate, if you do a wired speed test from a PC do you get full speeds? Also gaming uses less than 1mbps so you've got plenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flushed the cloud so many times and Apex is unplayable... It keeps sending me back to home screen when I try to join a game. Geo-filter doesn't work on destiny because I'm matching with people from California or Australia and I set mines with destiny profile which is 2000 km around my state in Connecticut. I cannot see my average ping for destiny I only can see my peer to peer connection and they're roughly 30-40 ping. I'm pissed off on why I'm losing my speeds I pay for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, migueltaveras6 said:

I flushed the cloud so many times and Apex is unplayable... It keeps sending me back to home screen when I try to join a game. Geo-filter doesn't work on destiny because I'm matching with people from California or Australia and I set mines with destiny profile which is 2000 km around my state in Connecticut. I cannot see my average ping for destiny I only can see my peer to peer connection and they're roughly 30-40 ping. I'm pissed off on why I'm losing my speeds I pay for.

Could you do the following please:

1. Factory reset in case there’s a screwed up setting somewhere: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

2. Follow this guide to setup your QoS. Keep in mind when it’s on you will get slightly less speeds, but that’s worth it as it will stop anything in your home causing your game to lag: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

3. Setup the Geo-Filter by following this: 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

If you are still having problems afterwards, let us know what is happening and send us screenshots of your Geo-Filter and QoS pages. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, migueltaveras6 said:

I flushed the cloud so many times and Apex is unplayable... It keeps sending me back to home screen when I try to join a game. Geo-filter doesn't work on destiny because I'm matching with people from California or Australia and I set mines with destiny profile which is 2000 km around my state in Connecticut. I cannot see my average ping for destiny I only can see my peer to peer connection and they're roughly 30-40 ping. I'm pissed off on why I'm losing my speeds I pay for.

Destiny is P2P there is not much you can do about that, 30-40ms ping is fine and what I would expect to see in Destiny 2 and Destiny will match you with other players of similar rank really it seems after a short period so Geo Filter doesn't do much. Also you need it in Filtering mode and tbh setting the ping does not help this game. You have a good game set up already with Destiny as I see it. Also you cant change the laws of physics and Destinys servers dont like Strict mode at all. As far as throughput, what are your antibufferbloat settings? If you are on your own put them say at 90% as you are the only person in the house, if that's your stuation of course as I found they just reduced my throughput and gave me very little back that was helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Destiny is P2P there is not much you can do about that, 30-40ms ping is fine and what I would expect to see in Destiny 2 and Destiny will match you with other players of similar rank really it seems after a short period so Geo Filter doesn't do much. Also you need it in Filtering mode and tbh setting the ping does not help this game. You have a good game set up already with Destiny as I see it. Also you cant change the laws of physics and Destinys servers dont like Strict mode at all. As far as throughput, what are your antibufferbloat settings? If you are on your own put them say at 90% as you are the only person in the house, if that's your stuation of course as I found they just reduced my throughput and gave me very little back that was helpful.

Thanks for the honesty if I knew this I wouldn't buy this router as I'm thinking of just buying another one. The holy reason I bought it it in the first place was because of the geo filter and the ping assist so I could play at the lowest ping as this thing promised. I have reduced it to 90% but lets be honest gaming needs fast upload speed and my Max is 35 and 90% of 35 is not 15 Mbps like I'm losing a chunk here and it's not my isp fault cause I connect to modem and I get all my speeds weird huh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Geo-Filter will still give much better connections in Destiny - just set the range a little wider (say about 1500km).

As for the upload QoS-  taking just 10% off your upload speed of 35mbps will work great. Gaming only needs about 0.1mbps to run optimally. By applying the QoS you are making sure nothing else in your home uses your entire 35mbps. Because if that happens, you will lag very badly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, Netduma Admin said:

The Geo-Filter will still give much better connections in Destiny - just set the range a little wider (say about 1500km).

As for the upload QoS-  taking just 10% off your upload speed of 35mbps will work great. Gaming only needs about 0.1mbps to run optimally. By applying the QoS you are making sure nothing else in your home uses your entire 35mbps. Because if that happens, you will lag very badly

All the geo filter did for me was make the Tower empty of players, Destiny 2 also ended up rubber banding and booting me out into orbit quite a lot using the default settings for Destiny on the XR500. 10% sounds right but surely if you are the only person in the house you wont suddenly decide to saturate your network while gaming anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

All the geo filter did for me was make the Tower empty of players, Destiny 2 also ended up rubber banding and booting me out into orbit quite a lot using the default settings for Destiny on the XR500. 10% sounds right but surely if you are the only person in the house you wont suddenly decide to saturate your network while gaming anyway...

That was with strict mode disabled? That feature was designed to specifically alleviate that problem for Destiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't play Apex at all it keep telling me authentication fail. I flushed the clouds and still. I also whitelisted a couple of bs and I still get sent to the main screen 

Can someone please help I'm seriously get frustrated. I understand you guys got your money from me but Jesus I'm just trying to play after a long day from work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've worked with Alex to find the issues in the cloud so I'm confident going forward these issues will be diminished until then switch to Spectating Mode, you can select the server on the game so it's not as necessary to use the Geo-Filter but you'll still be able to ping it and monitor your connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 7:25 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've worked with Alex to find the issues in the cloud so I'm confident going forward these issues will be diminished until then switch to Spectating Mode, you can select the server on the game so it's not as necessary to use the Geo-Filter but you'll still be able to ping it and monitor your connection.

Please and thank you! I'm glad to hear that 😊 please let us know so we can flush 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...