NetdumaR1 is confusing

So iv I recently got the netduma r1. I'm having issues with connecting to people on xbox live party's who have open nat types. Iv tried DMZ also tried modem mode on my virgin media super hub 2 which turns my internet completely off. Nothing works. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like the people you are trying to connect to are outside your geofilter radius, if you disable filtering mode can you connect to parties? 

People outside your radius need to be added to your allow list so you can connect to them. There is a guide on the geofilter with a section on allowing friends.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

Let is know how you get on.

also, your modem mode does not turn your internet off, you just have your setup configured wrong. The lan cable from the R1 wan port needs to go into lan 1 on the SH2 i think but not sure as its a long time since I was on virgin. After that you need to reboot the sh2 first and then plug the power back into the R1 and that should be it.

EDIT: I just found a YT video to show you how. 

Thank you for the replys. I followed your advices but I still didn't get a connection. I decided to upgrade the netduma to see if that helped and now I need a login and password (which I don't have) I'm so confused and considering sending it back 😖

• Administrators

Switch back to not using modem mode, put the R1 WAN IP into the DMZ on the Virgin hub. Then for friends you need to add them to your allow list in order to connect with them. I would recommend you go through our optimal settings guides, it should tell you all you need to know. http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

The default is admin and password.

Thank you for the replys, my virgin media hub 2 wasn't showing the netduma in wired devices. So I it in modem mode and wasn't able to get to my virgin media hub settings. Thanks.

Unfortunately not. The reason I went into modem mode is because even tho I put the IP address in the DMZ settings. It would still go into double nat after a few hours. My virgin media hub 2 wont even detect the wired device. So I have no idea what do. 

• Administrators

I think probably what has happened is that the Virgin Hub gave the R1 a new IP address so you'll need to give it a static address on the hub and then put it in the DMZ. If you check on the R1 for the WAN IP and also on the underside of the router for the MAC address can you see it on the hub with that information?