asus os vs dumaos for power user?

i am a power user. every once in a while I need all the bandwidth I can get. it lasts for weeks. day and night downloading nonstop. it messes up everyone else connection in the home. so i had to limit my bandwidth. after getting ASUS RT-AC5300 & modding it with a  3rd party app (marlin) the adoptive QOS i was able to use 100% bandwidth, also everyone else was getting good speed without any issue. i set the router in a way that when anyone wanna watch 4k or browse the social network it drops the background download speed and give them the bandwidth. the moment they stop i get the full download speed back. i like the geo filter on duma os but can it do the same qos like Asus?  or even better?

2 hours ago, nfastsagar said:

i am a power user. every once in a while I need all the bandwidth I can get. it lasts for weeks. day and night downloading nonstop. it messes up everyone else connection in the home. so i had to limit my bandwidth. after getting ASUS RT-AC5300 & modding it with a  3rd party app (marlin) the adoptive QOS i was able to use 100% bandwidth, also everyone else was getting good speed without any issue. i set the router in a way that when anyone wanna watch 4k or browse the social network it drops the background download speed and give them the bandwidth. the moment they stop i get the full download speed back. i like the geo filter on duma os but can it do the same qos like Asus?  or even better?

Have you use FreshJR's Adaptive QOS modification script on Merlin firmware

28 minutes ago, WalkedDave said:

Have you use FreshJR's Adaptive QOS modification script on Merlin firmware

Yes.but even without freshjr it worked fine. just prioritizing the data type on merlin did the job.only problem with my router is the official Asus os was buggy and not so responsive all the time. 

2 hours ago, Fuzy said:

On paper, it is supposed to do the same !

I don't have an asus router, so I can't compare !

as far as saw about duma os QOS online  it has anti bufferbloat and bandwidth allocation which redistribute bandwidth . but my question is if i allocate all devices a certain amount of bandwidth. will the always downloading device get all the bandwidth when rest of the device being idle or barely using any data or it will cap on its limit and rest of the bandwidth stay unused?

8 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Are you using IPv6?

Because QOS does not work on Duma OS with IPV6

16 minutes ago, nfastsagar said:

as far as saw about duma os QOS online  it has anti bufferbloat and bandwidth allocation which redistribute bandwidth . but my question is if i allocate all devices a certain amount of bandwidth. will the always downloading device get all the bandwidth when rest of the device being idle or barely using any data or it will cap on its limit and rest of the bandwidth stay unused?

This is exactly what the QOS of Duma OS does, By keeping a margin for online games via the bufferbloat!.

1 hour ago, Fuzy said:

Are you using IPv6?

no its IPv4.

1 hour ago, Fuzy said:

This is exactly what the QOS of Duma OS does, By keeping a margin for online games via the bufferbloat!.

so just to be clear with QOS device 1 can use 100% bandwidth as long as other user stay idle. the moment when other device start using data the specified ammount on QOS option get allocated to those device?

9 hours ago, Newfie said:

What are you downloading that requires all the bandwidth so much?

large audio(flac), video(4k/1080p) files. sometimes torrents

9 hours ago, Newfie said:

whats your connection throughput?

my internet speed is download: 50Mbps, upload: 20Mbps

On 4/20/2020 at 4:50 PM, Newfie said:

So you are downloading films and the Asus is running fine as it is yes? Sounds to me it’s working fine as it is. 

ye its working fine. but the 2.5 ghz network is very unstable.which is very common on asus router. and i have a lot of 2.5ghz wifi only device in my home. this gets very annoying when the router decide to act up and my downloading gets the blame. thats why i was thinking of switching to netgear

• Administrators

You've received some great advice so far, just to reiterate that the very scenario you have described is what DumaOS QoS can do. Allow all devices to use the internet at once without causing each other to lag/buffer.