Can't login to NetDuma Control Panel

I'm at my breaking point with this stupid thing, so I recently had to clean boot my PC and as a result I've had to reinstall everything from scratch. However, since it happened, I've not been able to access my NetDuma Control Panel. I've factory reset it with the a pin in the back which I know makes the login be "admin" and "password" but when I try to login with this after going to "192.168.88.1", it just keeps asking for a login over and over again.
I've made sure it's all lower case and I've made sure the whole thing is connected properly, nothing seems to work.

Can anyone offer advice?

Update: Okay so again I don't know if this matters but after going into my Virgin Box Control Panel, I noticed the NetDuma's IP Address keeps changing. Last time I checked it it was 192.168.0.5 but now it's 192.168.0.2

Is this meant to happen?

What's happening here is the the Virgin box is giving the Switch a different IP address over time. You can fix this in two ways, either set a reserved IP on the Virgin box (probably the best way) or set the R1 WAN connection type to manual. If you go with the second option, you'll ideally want to give the R1 an IP outside of the Virgin box's DHCP pool.

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

What's happening here is the the Virgin box is giving the Switch a different IP address over time. You can fix this in two ways, either set a reserved IP on the Virgin box (probably the best way) or set the R1 WAN connection type to manual. If you go with the second option, you'll ideally want to give the R1 an IP outside of the Virgin box's DHCP pool.

Okay but how exactly do I give the Virgin Box a reserved IP Address? Also, assuming this is the reason, would doing this fix my login issues?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ChristopherJames said:

Okay but how exactly do I give the Virgin Box a reserved IP Address? Also, assuming this is the reason, would doing this fix my login issues?

You give the R1 a reserved IP address through the Virgin Hub interface. Here is how to do it:

1. Access the Virgin Hub interface - 192.168.0.1 by default
  2. Go to Advanced Settings
  3. Go to DHCP
  4. Click on the R1 in the Attached Devices list
  5. Then click Add rule

That should prevent the IP changing. Then see if you can continue to access the router.

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You give the R1 a reserved IP address through the Virgin Hub interface. Here is how to do it:

1. Access the Virgin Hub interface - 192.168.0.1 by default
  2. Go to Advanced Settings
  3. Go to DHCP
  4. Click on the R1 in the Attached Devices list
  5. Then click Add rule

That should prevent the IP changing. Then see if you can continue to access the router.

Done that and no, still can't access the control panel. It's picking the NetDuma up and everything, it just doesn't want me to access the control panel.

I can't understand how this is happening, I've had this for nearly 2 years and it's never given me problems.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot please of what you're seeing when it doesn't let you access?

It's literally just the login. I type in "admin" and "password" in lower case, click sign in, and then the login box vanishes for a split second and instantly comes back. It's literally an endless loop.

• Administrators

Did you have a custom login that you used before prior to the reset? Just in case it didn't reset correctly try that. What device are you trying this on? Try a different device and web browser and see if it is the same.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you have a custom login that you used before prior to the reset? Just in case it didn't reset correctly try that. What device are you trying this on? Try a different device and web browser and see if it is the same.

Yes I did and I actually remember it just fine as I had used it for ages, it was when it suddenly stopped working that I figured I needed to factory reset via the pin method. Needless to say; nothing changed.

As for what device? I'm using my PC with Google Chrome. I've tried incognito mode and I've tried Internet Explorer, all yield the same result.

How would I use another device? Doesn't the NetDuma need to be hooked up to the PC to gain access to the control panel?

• Administrators

Okay thanks for the information. Yes so any devices that are connected via ethernet or to the R1 WiFi would work. Some people who have this issue can connect to it via WiFi for some reason so do try that. No I don't think so, it's just because it didn't get the response it was expecting.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks for the information. Yes so any devices that are connected via ethernet or to the R1 WiFi would work. Some people who have this issue can connect to it via WiFi for some reason so do try that. No I don't think so, it's just because it didn't get the response it was expecting.

Question; If I had properly factory reset the Netduma, would that have deleted the wifi security settings as well?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you had changed those options as so they weren't the default prior to the reset then yes it would have, did they not change?

No, the Wifi Security settings are exactly the same as I had set them. Does this explain why "admin" and "password" don't work?

• Administrators

That's interesting, possibly yes and your old login doesn't work at all? Could you unplug the router from the power for 24 hours please and then try again after that, sometimes that can fix weird issues.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

That's interesting, possibly yes and your old login doesn't work at all? Could you unplug the router from the power for 24 hours please and then try again after that, sometimes that can fix weird issues.

Already tried that, nothing happened.

Here's a list of all the things I've tried

- Different Browsers, even with incognito
- Factory Reset
- 24 Hour wait
- Checked lower case for passwords
- Logging in with different devices

I really hope someone can help me because this thing wasn't cheap and I'd hate for it be broken this soon.

Question; When you type in your login details and they are incorrect, is some sort of message meant to show up? I'm asking because truth be told; I don't really know what the cause of my problem is and if I can pin-point it to the source, at least I'll know where I should be aiming.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear that, could you email us at [email protected] please with a link to this topic and quickly summarise the issue and they'll see if anything more can be done. Yes that is the normal URL for DumaOS.

I messaged you days ago with a link to this thread, what's going on?