Destiny 2 (Steam/PC) Geo-filter

Bungie deployed an update to their netcode & it has made my geo-filter act really funky along with a lot more rubber-banding lobbies. It worked decent before when I set my computer to a console and turned off 'Strict mode'.. now it seems to only want to pull players from Oceania or EU regions, legit corners of the world from where I am located.

• Administrators

We are aware of this and we'll be testing the game again to see if we can make it compatible again, this will take the form of a cloud update and you won't have to do anything for it to apply. I'm not sure when this will be tested but I will ask if there is a time frame. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah so far it seems as if geo-filter does it best to work within your own team, and anyone outside of the team  you are on, seems to be outside the desired range of the geo-filter settings.

Which is resulting in more less favorable matches on ping / general connections.

There is no way for me to see some people outside of the range since Bungie seems to of changed some netcode settings that only resolves the main route or node from Steam so it hides the players origin, and only shows a directory for that steam auth server.. Which are not showing as servers all the time, it seems.

Plz abandon this game.. Destiny 2 is one of the worst games i played, especially network wise.

It uses an spaghetti code networking that can never work. I tried over 2 years to get a good connection but its simply impossible at times. Its full of hackers that DDos you anyway so its not recommended to play the game anymore since bungie does nothing towards hackers/cheaters.