XR700 1.0.1.24 hotfix version is 1.0.1.20

I have installed the XR700 1.0.1.24 tonight.

First thing i noticed was when i was initially applying the hotfix manually it reach a screen showing me 1.0.1.20 current and 1.0.1.24 update with a YES and NO button selection. I turned my head for a second and it auto proceeded. I am not sure if that was intentional, but i figured it would wait for me to push the YES or NO button before doing anything. Is this to be expected if a newer version is being listed?

Now for the confusing part. System Information -> System Info says the firmware is currently 1.0.1.20

Well i thought it might not have applied so I attempted another manual update. It stopped at the screen show me 1.0.1.24 current and 1.0.1.24 update with YES and NO button selection. This time i purposely waited for a bit and it didn't try to auto apply. This was good.

The 'i' information does report the firmware is 1.0.1.24. The log looks to clearly state [Initialized, firmware version: V1.0.1.24] Friday, March 20, 2020 21:43:51.

Maybe the hotfix was supposed to show 1.0.1.20 in the system info section. Is this true?

Thanks,

After a reboot, the system information R-App will show it.

Router TimeSat Mar 21 03:53:39 UTC 2020Board ModelXR700Firmware VersionV1.0.1.24DumaOS NameA7Legit

I didn't see it till I rebooted the router for a second time. Meaning not counting the flashing of the device.

9 hours ago, BSilverthorn said:

After a reboot, the system information R-App will show it.

Router TimeSat Mar 21 03:53:39 UTC 2020Board ModelXR700Firmware VersionV1.0.1.24DumaOS NameA7Legit

I didn't see it till I rebooted the router for a second time. Meaning not counting the flashing of the device.

I did go ahead and give this a test. A second reboot of the router after the initial install did not do it for me when using Chrome...

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is a caching issue, if you clear your browser cache/cookies then System Information will report the correct version. You've successfully upgraded so nothing to worry about there.

Incognito mode on chrome did indicate the change. I did a flush of my Chrome cache and now it is showing the correct version under System Information.

Something for me to keep in mind in the future :)

• Administrators
20 hours ago, longplaypg said:

Just to clarify - this contains some hotfixes needed for the XR700 so install this if you would like to. 

The big 3.0 update will be coming for the XR700 soon