Constant 90-100% CPU Usage + QOS Streaming

wrice4

Hello, I have a r1 netduma:

Frimware: 2.1.3.29

DumasOS: 1.3.29

I am having constant streaming issues with Mixer maybe its my QOS or maybe its the router. My CPU usage in dumOS is a constant 90-100% even with just a webpage open. I have no devices on Geofilter and I have tried turning off QOS and it doesn't make a difference in cpu usage, so how can I found out where all the usage is coming from? Right now I have this webpage open and dumaOS and I am at 100% cpu usage on dumaOS constantly for the past 10 minutes.

2nd point:

I have 10mb upload speed and I usge 6000 bitrate when streaming. Should I set my QOS to 100% sliders, and put my stream pc at 75% upload device bandwidth? Or should I set the sliders to 80% and do my stream pc at 90% bandwidth allocation? I am at least needing a constant 6000 bitrate to my stream as well as a little bit for my gaming pc. Usually when I stream no other devices need to be using any data. Currently I have the sliders at 80% and "when high priority traffic detected" is checked.

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

How many devices do you have connected to your router? I would suggest you do a reboot first, see if that lowers it, followed by a reset if it doesn't and let us know if that resolves it. Otherwise for QoS I'd probably suggest disabling Traffic Prioritization - the stream will need a constant bitrate to appear smooth, if your gaming supercedes this then it could appear choppy. Then I would advise you try with the 80% Anti-BB like you mentioned and then give your streaming PC the majority of the bandwidth. If you still have issues then disable share excess to ensure nothing else siphons bandwidth away.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How many devices do you have connected to your router? I would suggest you do a reboot first, see if that lowers it, followed by a reset if it doesn't and let us know if that resolves it. Otherwise for QoS I'd probably suggest disabling Traffic Prioritization - the stream will need a constant bitrate to appear smooth, if your gaming supercedes this then it could appear choppy. Then I would advise you try with the 80% Anti-BB like you mentioned and then give your streaming PC the majority of the bandwidth. If you still have issues then disable share excess to ensure nothing else siphons bandwidth away.

Rebooting caused the cpu usage to range from 60-90% usage now. I have 16 things connected right now. Mostly things like firestick, directv, xbox (singleplayer), none of those are using any decent amount.  Should I check Always or WHen high priority traffic detected for ANTI-BB?

See attachments.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's an improvement, continue to monitor that. Use Always for Anti-BB and disable Traffic Prioritization by unchecking DumaOS Classified Games.

Great, thank you. Would upgrading to a xr500 help at all with anything or not really since I only have 150 down and 10 up?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, wrice4 said:

Great, thank you. Would upgrading to a xr500 help at all with anything or not really since I only have 150 down and 10 up?

The CPU usage would probably go down as it is better hardware but it depends if the CPU will actually affect your connection or not. You could benefit from AC WiFi as you're likely getting half your speeds through the R1 but other than that I wouldn't say it is essential at this stage.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The CPU usage would probably go down as it is better hardware but it depends if the CPU will actually affect your connection or not. You could benefit from AC WiFi as you're likely getting half your speeds through the R1 but other than that I wouldn't say it is essential at this stage.

question, why would he be getting half speeds through the R1? Because i'm dealing with this right now but have hit full 200mb/s speed with it before... just not now

7 hours ago, EezyGamer said:

question, why would he be getting half speeds through the R1? Because i'm dealing with this right now but have hit full 200mb/s speed with it before... just not now

Were you using the same firmware version? Were you using QoS?

• Administrators
On 3/20/2020 at 1:20 AM, EezyGamer said:

yes im on DUMA OS and yes QoS is on

I was referring to his WiFi speeds specifically, he probably wouldn't be getting his full speeds through WiFi as it's not AC/doesn't have 5GHz. If you're having speed issues first disable QoS fully as QoS throttles the connection to eliminate local congestion. If you're still having the issue please make a new topic and we'll be happy to help you further.