Hybrid VPN PS4 greyed out.

NetZilla

I'm trying to test my PS4 running through the Hybrid VPN on my R1 router and it's the only device that is greyed out and won't run through the VPN. Everything on my vpn shows connected and it's working for all other devices I have running through it, just not the PS4. I've tried deleting it and re adding it to my device manager. Tried deleting the Geo-Filter Devices. Not sure what else I can try but for some reason it's not working. Any ideas on why that is?

Also was wondering about the "Do Not VPN These Services" & "Only VPN These Services" being switched at least in my UI. Basically if I have to run a device through my VPN I have to choose "Do Not VPN These Services" to have that device run through the VPN, which shouldn't be correct, right? Or maybe I'm just dyslexic or something lol.

The Hybrid VPN interface is a little confusing, in my opinion. We're aware of this and we'll be simplifying it at some point.

One of the most confusing elements is that if you add a games console to the VPN, it will appear greyed out. This makes it look as if it's not compatible with the VPN, but in fact this means that all traffic on the device IS being sent through the VPN.

The reason that it's greyed out is because we don't give you the option to specify specific ports or services for consoles, we just send everything through the VPN.

On other devices, choosing "Do Not VPN these services" will cause ALL services on the device to be VPN'd, except for the ones you enter. If you don't enter any services, then everything will be VPN'd.