Bridged router and port forwarding

MrGurnsss2

Hi 

So i used to have my netduma r1 set up fine untill i moved, as far as im aware you need to use the modem your isp supplied and bridge it to supply the netduma with an internet connection.

I have all my port forwarding set up in my netduma but i had to reset my isp router, now i cant fully remember but i think i had to forward the ports on my isp router too but obviously before i put it into bridge mode as you cant change any settings once it is in bridge mode.

Can anyone confirm this?

On my xbox it says nat open but in-game it says moderate? 

Welcome to the forum!

If you were leaving the ISP modem set up as normal, i'd suggest putting your R1 into the DMZ of the modem...

But since you're putting it into bridge mode, that should bypass any need to enable DMZ or forward any ports.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Duma Community,

can someone tell me which network configuration should i setup on my R1 dumaOS and ISP modem?

i did it on the old R1 OS and it works but i cant remember what i did previously on R1 OS.

Thanks 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, magiver_fox31 said:

Hello, Duma Community,

can someone tell me which network configuration should i setup on my R1 dumaOS and ISP modem?

i did it on the old R1 OS and it works but i cant remember what i did previously on R1 OS.

Thanks 

If your ISP hub is a modem (without WiFi) then unless you need PPPoE or VLAN for a connection then you can just plug it straight in and configure your R1 how you wish. If you do need PPPoE or VLAN then you may need to contact the ISP for these details to put in the R1. If the ISP hub does have WiFi then setting it in bridge mode would be best, if it doesn't have this then using the R1 WAN IP in the DMZ and disabling the ISP hub WiFi is recommended.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Fraser,

i have already the PPPOE information, 

i want to share my network setup of both ISP modem and R1.

ISP: 192.168.1.1 - no VLAN configured and bridge mode has been chosen.

R1: 192.168.1.2 PPPOE configured

My modem model : tp link RD-W9960.

i did the above but no luck.

is this a good configuration?

• Administrators

What do you mean by no luck, you're not getting internet this way? As you have PPPoE I'd personally suggest you use the DMZ method as some features are not 100% optimised with PPPoE so then you could remove those details from the R1.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean by no luck, you're not getting internet this way? As you have PPPoE I'd personally suggest you use the DMZ method as some features are not 100% optimised with PPPoE so then you could remove those details from the R1.

Yes, No luck means didn't work,

sure, i revert back to the DMZ configuration.

Thanks

• Administrators

You can disable UPnP on the ISP hub but it isn't necessary. I would recommend disabling the WiFi on the ISP hub though so all devices are forced to connect to the R1. If you were then going to make any changes then you would do it on the R1, including port forwarding. UPnP should allow you to get an open NAT without port forwarding.