Ps4 Party chat issue

Hello, I have issue with the party chat of the psn With my xr500. When I join the party after a while I can still ear the other member of the party perfectly but they ear me lagging they said I become like a robot or I turn on auto tuning to make fan of me of course. I tried many things

1. I assign the ip to the Ps4 and put in dmz 

2. port forwarding to the port of the psn

3. qos upload and download more then 50%  dedicated to my Ps4, I have 250mb download and 100mb upload speed connection. 3ms 

i live in Abu Dhabi.  my connection type is in PPPoe connected with the box of Etisalat.

my friend are in Europe if I play Apex alone it is a mess with the server in Hong Kong, the matchmaking put me on very laggy lobby. I tried also the geo filter but I think is useless in my country because I play with My friend in Europe and my ping from here is like 110/120 and I can play well. The only problem is the party 

NOTE: when I switch to the chat game in APEX LEGEND no issue at all. So I guess there is something with the psn. 

Please help me because I’m becoming crazy with this.

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

If you're using the Geo-Filter do you notice the issue is fixed if you switch the Geo-Filter to Spectating Mode? If so, in Filtering Mode do you notice anything being blocked when chatting? Have you added them to your allow list?

I tried with geo filter, with spectating mode also, I added everyone to the allowed list but nothing to do. This problem is since I have this router, the one from the provider is working without problem and this is really sad after the amount of money that I spend to buy this router. 
I tried everything is wrote in this community. Netgear should stop to sell this router in UAE country I tell you why, my nearest server is in Singapore and the geo filter here cannot work unless you put more then 3000 kilometer to reach the first server for apex. When I tried the geo filter allowing the Id of the other Was working for half day then I start to have the same problem. Every time the people can hear my voice like a robot and also when I was join the party the icon that indicate the mic of the other was taking more time to activate. 

• Administrators

Doesn't sound like the Geo-Filter is causing it then. What is your physical setup e.g. modem > XR?

Don't use port forwarding and DMZ at the same time, just use one or the other. Also toggle SIP ALG in WAN Settings as well. Have you changed any other settings from their defaults?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Doesn't sound like the Geo-Filter is causing it then. What is your physical setup e.g. modem > XR?

Don't use port forwarding and DMZ at the same time, just use one or the other. Also toggle SIP ALG in WAN Settings as well. Have you changed any other settings from their defaults?

My setup is, modem etisalat and XR connected PPPOE "always on". I'm using only DMZ and SIP ALG i always disabled in all the router i had. I didn't change anything else. Only QoS to the Playstation 4.

If you're not using Geo-Filter then PS4 party chat should be unaffected. If you find that it's still affected, perhaps the problem is being caused by QoS? We should test to see if that's the case, go to QoS > Anti-Bufferbloat > side menu and tick Disable QoS. Now see if the party chat is fixed. If it's fixed then that suggests that our QoS is somehow interfering with the PSN party chat.

4 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

If you're not using Geo-Filter then PS4 party chat should be unaffected. If you find that it's still affected, perhaps the problem is being caused by QoS? We should test to see if that's the case, go to QoS > Anti-Bufferbloat > side menu and tick Disable QoS. Now see if the party chat is fixed. If it's fixed then that suggests that our QoS is somehow interfering with the PSN party chat.

Also without Geo filter I have the same problem and also the qos I disabled SAME problem, this is the worst router I had in my life. I put back the one cheap or the provider and everything is working fine 

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If QoS is disabled and it's still an issue then it usually means the issue is elsewhere. Could you replace the ethernet cable between the modem and router with a new one or another one to double check please?

Now also the router from the provider had the same problem. I don’t know what can be. The cable are new, only the one in the wall are 3 years old. But before in 3 years I never had issue!

• Administrators

I would see if you can put it in modem mode and see if that helps with the issue at all. If it doesn't then this may be something you need to bring up with your internet provider. Do you notice if your speeds drop when the issue happens? It could be to do with peak time congestion depending on when you play.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would see if you can put it in modem mode and see if that helps with the issue at all. If it doesn't then this may be something you need to bring up with your internet provider. Do you notice if your speeds drop when the issue happens? It could be to do with peak time congestion depending on when you play.

I notice that when someone is at home it’s more frequent but how can be possible with a 250mb download and 100mb upload and few devices connected?

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Mark91 said:

I notice that when someone is at home it’s more frequent but how can be possible with a 250mb download and 100mb upload and few devices connected?

Unless they're downloading/streaming heavily then it's unlikely but QoS would negate that. Does your modem have WiFi? Are they connecting to that instead of the XR?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Unless they're downloading/streaming heavily then it's unlikely but QoS would negate that. Does your modem have WiFi? Are they connecting to that instead of the XR?

No that modem doesn’t have access, no Wi-Fi, everything is connected tu the XR and they watch only Netflix 1 tv

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you have someone watching Netflix like that and you notice the issue could you look at the Network Monitor and see how much bandwidth is being used please?

Nothing strange in the network monitor, just now I had the problem, I was alone at home playing without issue, when my parents just come to home without doing anything I start to have the issue, my friend eat me lagging. I don’t know why, the connection is not dropping but my voice in the party goes to the hell 

If it is doing it on another router it sounds like its an issue outside of netduma's control. Voice is alot more prone to issues then normal connections so its possible your internet is dropping packets to psn's chat server but not to apex legends if it never happens there. If you have a computer you could run a ping test to a known good IP and see if it drops packets to it

• Administrators

So probably when their phones automatically connected to the WiFi that's when it happened. It's probably nothing to do with the router as above but could you factory reset the router and then just input the speeds you're paying for and leave everything else default and see if it happens again?

8 hours ago, Demon09 said:

If it is doing it on another router it sounds like its an issue outside of netduma's control. Voice is alot more prone to issues then normal connections so its possible your internet is dropping packets to psn's chat server but not to apex legends if it never happens there. If you have a computer you could run a ping test to a known good IP and see if it drops packets to it

I Tried and I don’t have any drop  of packets

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So probably when their phones automatically connected to the WiFi that's when it happened. It's probably nothing to do with the router as above but could you factory reset the router and then just input the speeds you're paying for and leave everything else default and see if it happens again?

I tired yesterday, it happens again but I tried to stay in the party and after 5/10 minutes I was able again to talk with them.. but this issue is annoying me I want solve and I don’t know how

your ping test results showed no packet drop? you could run something like ping 8.8.8.8 -t in a command prompt  leave it running for a while use ctrl+c to end it when you wantand. as your issue is infrequent enough that runing it for just a short time may not show. since your able to see the psn chat on the geo filter map if you click on it and ping it most of the time the domain name in the ping info command will include the ip to said connection . if it does you could try running a ping test to that and have it running while your using it when issues are prone to happen. if its an issue on two routers thats what id look for. for some reason you connection is dropping to psn hence the robot voice and not being able to talk are tale tale signs of packet loss on voip stuff

6 hours ago, Demon09 said:

your ping test results showed no packet drop? you could run something like ping 8.8.8.8 -t in a command prompt  leave it running for a while use ctrl+c to end it when you wantand. as your issue is infrequent enough that runing it for just a short time may not show. since your able to see the psn chat on the geo filter map if you click on it and ping it most of the time the domain name in the ping info command will include the ip to said connection . if it does you could try running a ping test to that and have it running while your using it when issues are prone to happen. if its an issue on two routers thats what id look for. for some reason you connection is dropping to psn hence the robot voice and not being able to talk are tale tale signs of packet loss on voip stuff

I did a test with my phone, I’m losing packets.. but what can be the cause???

E67C089B-363A-4F13-BBDB-AECF6BE28CA6.png

On 2/22/2020 at 5:26 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

This is being done over WiFi so it could just be the WiFI causing this. Do it over a wired connection on your PC instead and see what you get.

i get an adapter ethernet - usb because i have only my laptop without eth. I will check soon and let you know. Thanks for the help. I hope i can find a solution, if i have to deal with etisalat i'm sure i will remain in this situation.