Xr300 vpn setings

Hey,

I just bought a xr300 to improve my online gaming experience, but i dont really understand how i need to setup a vpn..

I googled it, and found several site's but i done quite understand it, what i understand is that you need to instal a vpn program on every device what connects to the router or something?

But when i instal a vpn program on for example my phone, what does the router have to do with it then?

Isnt there a vpn option where i fill in my account details from a vpn provider and that the router uses that vpn connection?

Im asking this because i bought this router mostly for (console) gaming, and its not possible (as far as i know) to instal a vpn program on my xbox and i kinda need it because i get ddosed alot.

Hope some1 can help

And i think i did something wrong with the geo-filter thing also, i put it on call of duty, and on strict mode but when i'm in a game my ping is 140.. optimal ping for me is 20-30 how can it be that it still put me in a american server?

apparently i 'm missing stuff, first it dident show anything at all in the geofilterscreen (no servers nothing)

Kinda similair to what this person had:

But after reading several topics, rebooting the router rebooting my console and game i sometimes get a white cirkel icon with a person in it.

Is this a server where i can connect to? Because when i click on it it shows things like ping etc, but the "name" textbox is empty.

And occasionally a white square pops up in the US, i suppose that is a server what the filter blocks?

And in case the white cirkel is a server why does it only show the same 1 every minute or so? i did see images of other people that have all kinds of icons on the geomap.

routersett22.png

routersett.png

9 hours ago, B100NL said:

Hey,

I just bought a xr300 to improve my online gaming experience, but i dont really understand how i need to setup a vpn..

I googled it, and found several site's but i done quite understand it, what i understand is that you need to instal a vpn program on every device what connects to the router or something?

But when i instal a vpn program on for example my phone, what does the router have to do with it then?

Isnt there a vpn option where i fill in my account details from a vpn provider and that the router uses that vpn connection?

Im asking this because i bought this router mostly for (console) gaming, and its not possible (as far as i know) to instal a vpn program on my xbox and i kinda need it because i get ddosed alot.

Hope some1 can help

Welcome to the forum!

A VPN is a service you must sign up to from a VPN provider. You can then send your internet traffic through their VPN server, which will disguise your location and prevent direct attacks on your network. It can also be used by businesses to allow remote employees to access the internal office network.

Most VPN services provide software that can be used to send traffic from your computer to the VPN service. This is limited because only the computer's traffic will go to the VPN, other devices on your network will not be affected.

DumaOS provides a feature called Hybrid-VPN. This feature allows you to specify devices and services to be forwarded to a VPN, right from the router, with no need for software on your computer or any other device.

Hybrid-VPN is compatible with PureVPN and Hidemyass. It also has an advanced mode which will let you use an OpenVPN config file. This means that if you wish to use a different VPN provider, you must ensure that they can provide OpenVPN config files. I would suggest looking at PureVPN or Hidemyass since they will be the easiest to set up on your router.

Once you've got a subscription to a VPN service, I can help you get it set up with Hybrid VPN.

8 hours ago, B100NL said:

And i think i did something wrong with the geo-filter thing also, i put it on call of duty, and on strict mode but when i'm in a game my ping is 140.. optimal ping for me is 20-30 how can it be that it still put me in a american server?

apparently i 'm missing stuff, first it dident show anything at all in the geofilterscreen (no servers nothing)

Kinda similair to what this person had:

But after reading several topics, rebooting the router rebooting my console and game i sometimes get a white cirkel icon with a person in it.

Is this a server where i can connect to? Because when i click on it it shows things like ping etc, but the "name" textbox is empty.

And occasionally a white square pops up in the US, i suppose that is a server what the filter blocks?

And in case the white cirkel is a server why does it only show the same 1 every minute or so? i did see images of other people that have all kinds of icons on the geomap.

If you know what ping you want, i'd suggest setting the Ping Assist value (in the side bar) to your desired ping, putting the Geo-Filter Radius in the ocean and turning distance down to zero.

When you click on a server, the information will be shown. You can then name this server yourself so you can keep track of it if you choose to ALLOW or DENY it. The ALLOW and DENY functions will bypass the Geo-Filter radius and ping assist settings.

I think it would be helpful for you to read this guide on how to use Geo-Filter, as it explains the basics of how it works: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

Remember that Geo-Filter is set up before you start the game. You set the limits on where you want to connect to, and then you start the game. You cannot use Geo-Filter to select a server during matchmaking. If it connects to a server you don't like, you can manually DENY that server, or move the radius so that the unwanted server is outside of it.

Thanks for your response man, yeah i saw the hybrid vpn option on a screenshot from some1 on the xr500 but the xr300 doesnt have that option in the menu..

But atleast there is a way to setup a vpn in the router, do you happen to have a guide or something for setting up a vpn? Dont find that much on youtube etc..

• Administrators

As the XR300 doesn't currently have the feature then you wouldn't be able to setup a VPN to apply to the Xbox like you would with the XR500 unfortunately. Potentially you could bridge your PC connection to the Xbox and run a normal VPN on your PC but that is more complicated.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As the XR300 doesn't currently have the feature then you wouldn't be able to setup a VPN to apply to the Xbox like you would with the XR500 unfortunately. Potentially you could bridge your PC connection to the Xbox and run a normal VPN on your PC but that is more complicated.

Is this feature gonna be added in the future?

Why is it advertised that the xr300 and xr500 are basicly the same only the xr500 has hardware advantages.. if i did know that before i bought it i wouldv bought the xr500 instead, but i guess i cant bring it back now anymore.. 😕

Isnt there any way that i can add that hybrid vpn option to my xr300?

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, B100NL said:

Is this feature gonna be added in the future?

Why is it advertised that the xr300 and xr500 are basicly the same only the xr500 has hardware advantages.. if i did know that before i bought it i wouldv bought the xr500 instead, but i guess i cant bring it back now anymore.. 😕

Isnt there any way that i can add that hybrid vpn option to my xr300?

I couldn't say for sure either way - there may be a chance you can add it yourself in future but not on this current firmware. I don't control the marketing for the products so I couldn't really say why that is the case.

Ok thnx,

Could somebody explain what this means:

[LAN access from remote] from 189.177.239.219:13528 to 10.0.0.3:80, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:22:58 [LAN access from remote] from 189.177.239.219:13528 to 10.0.0.3:80, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:20:51 [DoS attack: ACK Scan] attack packets in last 20 sec from ip [2.21.40.222], Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:18:09 [DHCP IP: (10.0.0.4)] to MAC address 24:18:1D:84:3A:6A, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:17:33 [LAN access from remote] from 189.180.6.57:48357 to 10.0.0.3:80, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:15:44 [UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 10.0.0.3, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:14:25 [LAN access from remote] from 185.34.107.129:3075 to 10.0.0.3:3075, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:14:18 [Time synchronized with NTP server] Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:13:59 [LAN access from remote] from 51.140.36.245:3544 to 10.0.0.3:3074, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:13:04 [UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 10.0.0.3, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:13:02 [DHCP IP: (10.0.0.3)] to MAC address C0:33:5E:55:6B:96, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:12:55 [LAN access from remote] from 189.177.239.219:13528 to 10.0.0.3:80, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:12:39 [Internet connected] IP address: 85.148.71.252, Monday, Feb 03,2020 13:11:52

Does this mean random people are connecting to my router?

or is this false?

@B100NL
those are protocol port pin holes"upnp", u can look up each of those ip address's with an ip tracker online.

i searched most of those ip's that accessed your router remotely and only 1 was linked back to a business but that doesn't mean the other could malicious, could just be internet traffic from certain device/s or software/website, if you're concerned you can turn off upnp and if its internet traffic something in your network relies on you will know and can say its prob ok...

I've always been told if you're getting ddosed you'd notice, it'd seem like you have no bandwidth "internet speed" or eve possibly router/modem crash

At this moment not, and with the log i posted i dont mean ddos but i just found it weird that all those ips are connecting to me.. but when its just normal traffic its cool, then i dont need to worry about it :).

And ik know how it is to get ddos'd :p. i get it like 3 times per night, usually i need to unplug my router and plug it back in before everything starts working again xd.