how many devices can I hook on my network

Hello team, I finally got a modem i can bridge it to be able to have a single nat on my XR500 And I  wonder how many device can I hook with wifi ? should I disable 5ghz or not. do you have best wireless setting ? not for gaming, I have a good setup for my ps4 cable setup.

Hi Dany

I would have 5ghz on as well as 2.4. 5ghz has shorter range but has quicker transfer data speed depending on distance from router,  2.4 has longer range but less data speed. 

It’s up to you if you wish to use a single named network or have a separate name for 2.4 and 5. if you have extenders that work along side your routers one named network it makes it easy to roam the house without dropping Wi-fi as your devices like an iPad or smart phone will change connection once the signal strength hits the devices limits for change which differ depending on the device.
the same with smart connect in which the router determines what devices go on what channel but I think if my memory is correct that only works with a single named network but I used it on XR500 and had no issues.
I have 15 devices connected, don’t forget they are not normally all on the go at once.

Duma has built in help on all its settings so you can see what they do but it’s worth reading the guides here on the site to pick up tips. 

• Administrators

You can plug in as many devices as you want, it can easily handle any amount a normal consumer would have. I'd suggest keeping 5GHz for times where you need those faster speeds, either leave Smart Connect enabled and it'll switch between 2.4/5GHz depending on the devices need or disable it and connect to each manually.