Please help, how to get open Nat?

Hello people, 

So, I’ll give you a brief history. Been playing BO4 since it first come on strictly on blackout, at first I was shocking at it, but since then I have actually become a good player and I can see that there are kills where I should have had the upper hand and got killed, like having L3 armour and a trauma kit on but somehow a guy who’s just respawned with a pistol is able to turn shoot after me hit me with a few shots and I’m dead for instance. I new that something wasn’t right so after some research I decided to invest in a Netduma modem. However I am not good at the settings part of it and after much research all the info seems to be very complicated and there are terms that I’m just not familiar with, which is why I’ve created this post to see if anyone could help me. After some research I’ve come to the conclusion that what I would like to achieve is the following:

Open Nat

to be connected to a server or have settings set so that I achieve around 50 - 60 ms  

and finally how to achieve open ports/port forwarding

i would be very grateful if someone would kindly explain how to achieve anyone these thoroughly as I really find it hard to understand. 

thank you 

24 minutes ago, BoiDjakoCV said:

turn off BT Hub upnp and grab duma ip address  and add to DMZ when all done reboot both router 1 at time and u good to go :) image.png.fe06b0ede4f4945ec39cb07ca77a5cf8.png

Thanks for the reply, 

remember that I really do not know all these terms, what is the DMZ and how to do get to it? Also how do I access the bt hub configurations?

Thanks for buying a Netduma R1!

To get an Open NAT, we probably need to use DMZ, as @BoiDjakoCV said.

The DMZ of a router is like punching a hole in the firewall, allowing one device to bypass all of the restrictions. This feature is intended to be used for troubleshooting, but is very useful if you have a router underneath another router. Putting the Netduma R1 into the DMZ of the home hub will make the home hub forward all ports to the Netduma R1, which is what we want.

Depending on what BT Home Hub version you have, the instructions can be slightly different, but essentially the steps are:

1. Open DumaOS, go to System Information and write down WAN IP (if you're on the original firmware, the WAN IP is on the Device Manager page)
  2. Go to your BT Home Hub configuration (Most BT routers have a default IP address of 192.168.1.254)
  3. Go to the advanced section (might need the admin pass from the card on the back of the unit)
  4. Find your Netduma R1 on the device list (it will have the WAN IP from before)
  5. Tick the box that says "always give this device this IP address" or something similar
  6. Go to the Firewall section, DMZ, and put the Netduma R1 into that field

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 10:27 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Thanks for buying a Netduma R1!

To get an Open NAT, we probably need to use DMZ, as @BoiDjakoCV said.

The DMZ of a router is like punching a hole in the firewall, allowing one device to bypass all of the restrictions. This feature is intended to be used for troubleshooting, but is very useful if you have a router underneath another router. Putting the Netduma R1 into the DMZ of the home hub will make the home hub forward all ports to the Netduma R1, which is what we want.

Depending on what BT Home Hub version you have, the instructions can be slightly different, but essentially the steps are:

1. Open DumaOS, go to System Information and write down WAN IP (if you're on the original firmware, the WAN IP is on the Device Manager page)
  2. Go to your BT Home Hub configuration (Most BT routers have a default IP address of 192.168.1.254)
  3. Go to the advanced section (might need the admin pass from the card on the back of the unit)
  4. Find your Netduma R1 on the device list (it will have the WAN IP from before)
  5. Tick the box that says "always give this device this IP address" or something similar
  6. Go to the Firewall section, DMZ, and put the Netduma R1 into that field

This work on bridge mood ?

Do I need turn off upnp ?? 

I did like this but I didn’t get net type open 

• Administrators

If you used bridge mode then you wouldn't need to use the DMZ, you don't need to disable UPnP. Follow this guide and see if you can get an Open NAT: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat