Pingplotter

Alix

Hi I was having a issue with a game been a bit laggy did a ping plotter test could someone tell me what this ping plotter test reading means please not sure. Also the test was just me with no one else using the Internet and it was hardwired to the laptop thanksย 

IMG_20200110_111356.jpg

Edited by Alix

• Netduma Staff

This test looks pretty bad - the red bars represent moments where your packet loss was 100%. However, I doubt that was actually the case - it's more likely something is wrong with the test, since 100% packet loss would mean you'd have no Internet access.

It's equally possible your Ethernet cable is dodgy - if you look at the 'hops' part, you're getting around 16% packet loss on the last four hops (which I'd probably trust more than those 100% PL readings). 16% packet loss is really bad, probably caused by faulty equipment - but you will only be able to tell by running more tests!

Thanks for the reply I have changed the main cable that connect to the Internet for a new ethernet cable here is my results what do you suggest or think about the results thanks again ๐Ÿ˜Š

IMG_20200111_160816.jpg

ย 

IMG_20200111_161031.jpg

Edited by Alix

• Administrators

That is a lot better! There was one instance of packet loss and a big spike though, you might want to consider monitoring this to see if it happens again. Could've been a blip or a device making doing a brief download.

Hi I been in touch with my wisp isp and they was aware of issues at there end with packet loss and high ping which looks like there have fixed. Also I have notice jitter on speed test. net I get low reading about 60, 30,8ms is this normal to fluctuate.ย 

Edited by Alix

• Administrators

That's great! Didn't realise you were with Wisp, that's a wireless ISP right? If so then that would explain the fluctuations as wireless can be very up and down, if you're using a normal ISP then that is not normal. You're saying it fluctuates from 8ms to 60ms correct?

Hi that's correct iam on a wireless isp connection and yerh my jitter can fluctuate to 60ms,30ms,8ms but more low then high on speed test.net is this normal. Also did you say my ping plotter graph is great for whisp connection. Thanksย 

Edited by Alix