Strict and double nat on Xbox One

Grafti

When I use upnp instead of port forwarding, it appears these problem on the nat (yes, both at the same time). Only using port forwarding solve that, but it gives me open Nat, and I would like to play with a simple Moderate Nat, but don´t know how to get it.

The main issue with this problem is that I can not party friends and chat with them

• Administrators

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly - what is the issue you have when using UPnP? Open NAT is usually what people want and having a moderate NAT can lead to trouble connecting to other people. Why would you want a moderate NAT instead of Open?

The problem is that when I use upnp the console tells me that I have a strict and double nat issue, and I can not party chat with my friends. I would like to solve this using only upnp and not port forwarding, or forward only the necesary port to get moderate nat without the issue of being unable to communicate

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Understood, what is your exact physical setup? Have you got the R1 in the DMZ of your ISP hub?

Yeah, i have a dmz on my R1 at my isp router. I put an static ip to its mac address and then the dmz on this static ip. I also have upnp enabled on my isp router

• Administrators

Disable the UPnP on the ISP router as well please. Do you have another router between the ISP router and the R1 or a modem attached to the ISP router? Where are you looking for the NAT Type, within the console network settings?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable the UPnP on the ISP router as well please. Do you have another router between the ISP router and the R1 or a modem attached to the ISP router? Where are you looking for the NAT Type, within the console network settings?

Ok, I’ll disable and let you know if works.

No, only isp router and R1

I see the nat type at net settings on my xbox one settings menu

I have noticed that my ISP router is giving an IP Address to my Xbox, although it is wired to my R1, wich has its own reserved MAC ip address with DMZ

Is this normal? May be the cause of the problem?

Xbox Nat.jpg
Before you ask me to do that... no. I can not put my isp router in bridge mode due to personal factors

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is very strange, if you look in the Xbox network settings does it have that 1.152 IP address?

No. It has the static IP given by my R1

Ok. There was a problem with Mac clonning.

Now, I have my Xbox on upnp and nat tipe is Open, but shows this message: "There's problems with the following services: Buy and use of content"

Is that important? Is there any way to get only moderate Nat and not open?

• Administrators

Great job on fixing it! That's actually an Xbox Live service issue you can see that here, it should be fixed by them pretty soon. https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Open NAT would be preferable, what would be the benefit of being moderate? If you disabled UPnP that would probably do it but may cause issues for other devices.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Open NAT would be preferable, what would be the benefit of being moderate? If you disabled UPnP that would probably do it but may cause issues for other devices.

Thank you!

Just wanna try. Seems that some users are getting better results with moderate nat than with opne nat.

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Grafti said:

Thank you!

Just wanna try. Seems that some users are getting better results with moderate nat than with opne nat.

If you want our opinion, we reckon that's placebo having extensively tested the effects of NAT. Having a moderate NAT will almost always limit your matchmaking options - and not in a good way. Still, feel free to experiment :)