Port Forwarding Isn't Working Despite Everything

Welcome to the forum!

Usually people are port forwarding in order to obtain an Open NAT, but you say you already opened yours? What are you trying to achieve?

I would suggest that you use the DMZ function of the router to figure out where the problem is occuring. If you find that the ports are open when you use DMZ, it suggests that the problem is on the XR700. If you find that the ports are closed when you use DMZ, it suggests that the XR700 is not being given all port access by the upstream modem/router, and that device will need to be configured.

I've opened NAT in the LAN setup section of the router. I also only see DMZ available in my modem, not in the router. I've bridged my modem too and still it rings my ports aren't open. DMZing my router changes nothing. Nothing works, no matter what I port forward or trigger and UPNP doesn't even function either. Modem never changed, and port forwarding worked flawlessly on my old Linksys modem.

• Administrators

Lets try the simplest method first, remove the port forwarding you've done. Disable bridge mode on the modem. Put the WAN IP of the XR router (found in System Information) into the DMZ on the modem. Next in the WAN Settings of the XR router, put the IP of the device that will be the server into the DMZ. You can find that IP from the device manager. Reboot both the router and device once you've done this and double check the WAN IP in Sys Info and device IP hasn't changed. Then check the ports.

So that's the WAN IP from device manager in DumaOS? I wonder why it wouldn't accept it... Have you reserved that IP address on the Arris? Perhaps it doesn't like IP's inside the DHCP pool. You could give the R1 a static IP outside of the DHCP pool and put that in the DMZ.

The private IP is the WAN IP from the device manager in DumaOS. I cannot change the WAN IP in the Arris modem, it is greyed out. I've tried other IPs as well but it always comes back with the same message.

• Administrators

So just to clarify, XR router in DMZ of the Arris, console in the DMZ of the XR and it still doesn't report an open NAT in console network settings? Have you rebooted both the router and console since doing this to ensure the settings have applied?