XR300 wifi 2.4 ghz drop

Gianludeep

Hi, I noticed that my 2.4 Ghz wifi often tends to have signal drops, from full signal it passes almost to zero.
I state that I have several wifi networks in the condominium, my house is 60 square meters, the router is in the central room and I have set the channel on a free one not used by others.

Is it possible for other networks to disturb the same while being on different channels?

Thanks. 

• Administrators

If you've changed the channel to ensure no conflicts with any other WiFi networks then that probably isn't the cause. However, as you've said the router is in a central room it is likely there are many wireless devices within 3 feet of the router - wireless being anything such as wireless headphones etc - and this can cause conflicts with the router WiFi. Try keeping any wireless devices more than 3 feet away from the router and see if that improves the issue.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you've changed the channel to ensure no conflicts with any other WiFi networks then that probably isn't the cause. However, as you've said the router is in a central room it is likely there are many wireless devices within 3 feet of the router - wireless being anything such as wireless headphones etc - and this can cause conflicts with the router WiFi. Try keeping any wireless devices more than 3 feet away from the router and see if that improves the issue.

The router is located on the desk next to the PC, the only wireless device I use is the Logitech Gpro wireless mouse, which is not always in operation. I will try to test and in case I will move the router to another location.

Thanks for the reply 😉

• 2 months later...

I tried to move the router several times but the signal continues to have drops ... I tried to change every channel without result ... The 5 Ghz wifi is stable and does not have this type of problem ... the thing is strange. .. It makes me a little nervous that a € 200 router suffers from these problems and I notice that updates are very rare which is not a good thing for routers of this range thanks

• Administrators

Although you've changed channels I would suggest using a WiFi analyser anyway as it may be that all the 2.4GHz channels are congested in your area. Could you then provide a screenshot of those results as well please? Could you provide a screenshot of the WiFi and advanced WiFi settings please? We're working on a big update that we expect to do a beta for soon.