Escape from Tarkov PC

S13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, masryking said:

Could you please test it? I just got my router specifically for Tarkov and was a bit disappointed there are such few games...

:(

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you tried to use the Geo-Filter with the game? What happens when you do? I'll certainly get the team to add this to the game list.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 7:15 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried to use the Geo-Filter with the game? What happens when you do? I'll certainly get the team to add this to the game list.

What game should we use if there's no "EFT" or "Unity" in the list ?

10 hours ago, Adelscott said:

What game should we use if there's no "EFT" or "Unity" in the list ?

Hi

Escape from Tarkov has servers list !

so if you choose EU servers as many as you want, e.g

london

Falkenstein not sure spell.... 

Warsaw

Helsinki

It is not going to connect you to any other server except those you chose.

so there is literally no need to use Netduma geo filter.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but there's a caveat to what S13 posted above. While Escape from Tarkov does have a server selection list, the filtering options are not always sufficient. For example, in the current implementation, one of the regions - California - contains servers in both Southern and Northern California, and it's impossible to filter this selection down any further using just the tools provided by the developer.

For me as someone connecting to this server group from Sydney Australia, to play with my friends living on the West Coast, it means that I effectively have to play roulette each time I match make - if the game places me into a server running in Southern California, I can play the game as normal, however if it places me in Northern California, I get constantly kicked out of the server since my latency sits 5-10ms above the hard ping cut off imposed by the developer.

I was wondering if DUMAos Geofiltering would be able to help me in this situation, by only allowing me to connect to games on the servers in Southern California, rather than having to risk being placed on the servers in Northern California, effectively ruining my experience for that match.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, dimitz123 said:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but there's a caveat to what S13 posted above. While Escape from Tarkov does have a server selection list, the filtering options are not always sufficient. For example, in the current implementation, one of the regions - California - contains servers in both Southern and Northern California, and it's impossible to filter this selection down any further using just the tools provided by the developer.

For me as someone connecting to this server group from Sydney Australia, to play with my friends living on the West Coast, it means that I effectively have to play roulette each time I match make - if the game places me into a server running in Southern California, I can play the game as normal, however if it places me in Northern California, I get constantly kicked out of the server since my latency sits 5-10ms above the hard ping cut off imposed by the developer.

I was wondering if DUMAos Geofiltering would be able to help me in this situation, by only allowing me to connect to games on the servers in Southern California, rather than having to risk being placed on the servers in Northern California, effectively ruining my experience for that match.

Thank you for the additional information, that is really useful. In theory yes it should be able to do that but we may need to optimize it first. Do you have a DumaOS router and are able to try?

• 4 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 12:30 AM, dimitz123 said:

did u experiment ?

On 9/19/2020 at 12:30 AM, dimitz123 said:

update ?

done some testing.

-It only showed 1 person on filter, while there were 5 players in game.

- Filter mode on = kick from game - server connection lost.

- filter mode off   = lets connect to server.

- no info about Server - host. 

- it lets me connect to server out of my chosen region Miami, then kicks me out from game   with FILTERING MODE ON.   instead of blocking connection to server , it kicks me instead after game gets connected.

Host is clearly not Peer to peer as game has dedicated servers. 

I tried changing computer to Xbox  etc in Devices/ geo filter.  

- disappointed 

22.jpg

22a.jpg

22b.jpg

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That icon is definitely a server, I double checked the IP. When you load up the game to the lobby, do you see anything appear on the map then? If so then allow them immediately, then switch to Filtering Mode and see if it works.

I forgot which game I had selected it as XBOX ( I am on PC - Ryzen 9 3900x / RTX 2080 super).   Now I do not see anything at all. just blank.   I will restart pc and try again. 

Escape from Tarkov is one of the hit pc games and most streamed games. it should get Netduma support.   it has ping limit that kicks people once ping is 180MS.

So in game server Miami- might have data centres closer to UK with ping 120ms and far from UK with ping 160ms. if Netduma supports it , it will be easier to play in US servers with lower ping and always connect to lowest ping servers , rather than connecting to one with 160ms and with slight fluctuation getting KICKED.

I guess, this is Dedicated server of Miami. however it does not show anything else on geo-filter, such as other players  .  I wonder if its due to the PACKET ENCRYPTION ? 

if I have allowed this server, is it possible to only connect to this server? and refuse connection to others?  " I don't want be connecting to other servers & subsequently getting kicked by DumaOS from server  - disconnection" 

( in screenshot I had died - so transfer rate appears to be 0 )

any thoughts ? 

22d.jpg

• Administrators

Ah okay, in that case remove the device from the Geo-Filter, then go to the Device Manager and give the PC a PlayStation device type, then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option. If it's going to work then it's more likely to work with it added that way. I have seen it really kick off recently when previously not that many people were streaming it - why is that, has it released fully? I will let the team know that it's more popular so we can focus on it. It's a dedicated server game so you won't see any players on the map. Yes that could work but my thought is when loading up the game it should show the server required for online play - then allowing it should allow you to filter in theory but we need to test it. 

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah okay, in that case remove the device from the Geo-Filter, then go to the Device Manager and give the PC a PlayStation device type, then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option. If it's going to work then it's more likely to work with it added that way. I have seen it really kick off recently when previously not that many people were streaming it - why is that, has it released fully? I will let the team know that it's more popular so we can focus on it. It's a dedicated server game so you won't see any players on the map. Yes that could work but my thought is when loading up the game it should show the server required for online play - then allowing it should allow you to filter in theory but we need to test it. 

thanks,  yes game had a wipe recently and they added bunch of new stuff and soon they will release new map called STREET OF TARKOV , which will make it even popular than ever.

this time it actually showed  server domain name which is us-mi03g005.eft.local    

would you guys be able to evaluate what other servers could be in Miami region ?    It can be nice if you guys can support Tarkov.  one video out there featuring NETDUMA OS and TARKOV and your sales will definitely go up :D

I shall do more testing according to your advice. thanks. 

22e.jpg

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I did what you said and it seems to be working so far :D

o ping assist. and this time server domain was us-mi03g004.eft.local    

I will keep testing. so if I add all those miami servers to allow list, will Netduma try to connect to allowed servers every time as priority ?   I am on  Netgear XR1000

thanks.

Update. its hit and miss. this time it connected me to outside radius server & I got kicked from game due to Netduma FILTERING MODE> turn off filtering its fine. I hope DENY wont let me connect to this server again ?  screenshot 22G

22f.jpg

22g.jpg