Xr500 rubber banding

• Administrators

That's what I mean, you upgraded, you had the issue, then you went back to the firmware that worked but it didn't work anymore indicates its not a firmware specific issue. You could try reinstalling the firmware using TFTP which bypasses the boot process and any issues there, than factory reset https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?article=000059634

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's what I mean, you upgraded, you had the issue, then you went back to the firmware that worked but it didn't work anymore indicates its not a firmware specific issue. You could try reinstalling the firmware using TFTP which bypasses the boot process and any issues there, than factory reset https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?article=000059634

Thank you sir, I will give this a try, I should've answered earlier but I didn't notice that it's already on the 2nd page, sorry for the late reply

On 11/13/2021 at 3:15 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I have successfully reinstalled using TFTP but somehow the problem persists, I used the default firmware that the xr500 came with, V2.2.1.10, any recommendations to which firmware I should upgrade with?

I have to mention that the firmware I have before was .56, when I reinstall with TFTP using V2.2.1.10, somehow it retained some settings that I changed before erasing it to factory default, ex. 70% on congestion control, I thought that I was going to be greeted by the set up page.

• Administrators

It's not a firmware specific issue then, .56 was used for quite awhile and was quite stable. I think you will need to experiment with QoS settings and forcing different servers with the Geo-Filter. Some people have had success severely throttling their connection or by lowering their MTU quite a bit, there are a few topics on the forum if you want to try.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not a firmware specific issue then, .56 was used for quite awhile and was quite stable. I think you will need to experiment with QoS settings and forcing different servers with the Geo-Filter. Some people have had success severely throttling their connection or by lowering their MTU quite a bit, there are a few topics on the forum if you want to try.

I will look into it, thank you.