Factory reset best practice

Tallone  Imo I would start fresh. Specially if you have the XR500. It is the most tempered router ive ever owned.  Even when I make adjustments or change settings ive noticed they either don't always take or it takes some time for them to take effect. And when I say some time.. I mean it seems to take as long as until the dhcp does its renew and release in order for things to take effect. Strange but just what ive noticed on my end. Always clear your browser cache and cookies and crumbs! :P  Hope that helps!

Zippy.

Guest Killhippie
16 hours ago, Zippy said:

Tallone  Imo I would start fresh. Specially if you have the XR500. It is the most tempered router ive ever owned.  Even when I make adjustments or change settings ive noticed they either don't always take or it takes some time for them to take effect. And when I say some time.. I mean it seems to take as long as until the dhcp does its renew and release in order for things to take effect. Strange but just what ive noticed on my end. Always clear your browser cache and cookies and crumbs! :P  Hope that helps!

Zippy.

I have to say that things like changing the geo filter to miles not kilometres  only works until your browser cache is cleared (mine is set to do that every time i close it, for privacy.) I never had a router that seems to rely on so heavily JavaScript and cookies before... At least on my current router a switch on the GUI is just that and does not rely on your browser to keep it afloat.

• Administrators

I would suggest you start fresh. Especially if you've upgraded to a different version, don't use a config from a previous firmware as that could cause issues if one of the settings you've saved has been changed in the new firmware.