Was I being DDosed?

I downloaded the free playstation game Titanfall 2 and noticed that whenever I went very positive let's say 29-3 or 26-4, it kept saying at the end of the match, no longer connected to host. If I was being DOS, how do I protect myself from being kicked in the future, regardless of game? 

20191217_233258.jpg

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

I downloaded the free playstation game Titanfall 2 and noticed that whenever I went very positive let's say 29-3 or 26-4, it kept saying at the end of the match, no longer connected to host. If I was being DOS, how do I protect myself from being kicked in the future, regardless of game? 

If you're being DOS attacked you'd know about it - your whole network would go down. I believe it's possible for cheats in online games to kick you from games depending on which game it is, though I'm unsure about whether it's possible in TF2.

For this kind of thing and other game hacks, it's up to the game developers to protect you. The hackers are manipulating the game itself, so it won't affect your local network in any way (meaning that you can't prevent it using your local router). If you were legitimately getting DDoS'd though, a VPN would spoof your IP address and prevent the attacker from knowing your true address. I don't think you need it though (and those DoS Attack labels in the log file are standard network events being blocked by the router firewall - NOT DoS attacks!)

• Administrators

It's very unlikely you need a VPN unless you play at a high competitive level or stream etc i.e. where it would be more beneficial or fun or whatever reason they do it for. If you're just playing casually then it's very unlikely someone would take the time to do that. Just keep in mind using a VPN will increase your game ping but if you decide to do it then use the closest server to your location to minimise this as much as possible.