XR500 disconnecting

IS there a setting I could look at in my router that might be disconnecting my like once a day? I havent had any trouble with it but its turning into like midday everyday and while I'm playing and it just does a reboot and everything boots back up. It just starting doing it out of the blue. I have changed my cat5 cable going from my ISP modem to my router, my modem never reboots...its just the router that does it.

• Administrators

Are you sure the router is actually rebooting fully? It may be related to the DHCP Lease time and it just so happens to be around midday. Try setting a reserved IP for a device in LAN Settings and see if when it is midday again if that device goes down as well.

Yes Im very sure (I keep my router on my desk at my PS4.) So I'm see it log off as I'm playing, I'm watching all the lights reboot and after a few minutes it boots all back up. I am running my ps4 with a reserved IP in LAN. Is there anything in the DHCP lease time I should change or check to make sure its on the right setting?

• Administrators

Okay that won't be related to DHCP then. Do you have the router plugged into a power extender by any chance? Plug it directly into a wall outlet and see if it still occurs. If it doesn't then it may be power fluctuations causing the reboot.

is it rebooting or disconnecting the internet only ?

i have a post related to internet disconnects and found that by disabling Smart Connect, my disconnects dropped from daily to every 3-4 days... 

seems there are alot of us now with this problem Fraser..

On 12/2/2019 at 6:21 AM, xlr8r said:

is it rebooting or disconnecting the internet only ?

i have a post related to internet disconnects and found that by disabling Smart Connect, my disconnects dropped from daily to every 3-4 days... 

seems there are alot of us now with this problem Fraser..

Sorry for the late post! Mine is completely rebooting...like kicking me off the internet...lights on the netgear going black...in a few 30 secs or so...it all comes back online and my ps4 and pc get back online.

I did a factory reboot two days ago and wipe everything clean and didnt use any saved setting and just manually set my router back up. Ive been at work both days and I havent asked my son (whos in between classes around the time of day it shuts down) yet if hes seen it go down yet.

I'll keep you posted.