Geo Filter Doesn't recognize device

I have a PS4 Pro, connected to Netgear XR450, I only have a few devices connected at a time so I am pretty sure of which device is which. Been using Geofilter to connect to Destiny solo on some activities. Recently lost the ability to do that on my PS4. I tried to connect my other PS4 and it is working. I tried deleting, clearing cache, flush cloud, re-adding the console to no avail. It won't even show me the net activity on it. No icons of peers/hosts connecting and disconnecting. Just a blank map interface. My other PS4 shows activity though. I am at a loss. Help!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The PS4 you're having the issue on, have you checked it's IP from the console settings with the device you think it is on the Device Manager to make sure it's definitely the same device? It might have a different device type so make sure it's a PlayStation and re-add it to the Geo-Filter.

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, chavarlison said:

Yes, same MAC adress, same IP address. Checked the others, Geo-filtering works on them but not on this particular PS4.

Huh, that's really peculiar. It'll be something to do with how it's been added to the Geo-Filter, or at least it is 99% of the time. Could you delete both PS4's from the Geo-Filter, make 100% sure it's a PlayStation type in the Device Manager, then reboot the router and add them again. Let's see if the issue persists after that.

OMG it is finally working again!!! Thanks Jack! Just curious, from a technical standpoint, why did his happen? I noticed, everytime I tried to add it back before, it kept reverting to filtering instead of the usual just spectating mode, sorta like it was stuck trying to use the old settings maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Mattyzcav24 said:

I'm new to here I'm trying to find other people on ps4 to run some lobbys and other stuff with friends 

I'd suggest making a topic here seeking players to game with as it's more of a laid back section for general gaming chat: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/103-gamer-talk/