Poor WIFI Signal

thewilloxdiaz

Im at R12.1.3.29 version.

Pictures and videos takes a lot to load on social media apps like Facebook or IG, also on WhatsApp, everytime i open it on my phone (IOS 13) it took a while to connect and says "connecting" and keeps loading for a while. When i reboot the R1 everything seem to load normal but only last for a few minutes. Also, most of the time im next to the router. Also, pictures and videos takes a lot to upload.

Im currently at Channel 8 on WIFI Network Settings. Changed to channel 11 just to do some test but it seems it doesnt help.

On QoS, Anti Buffer Bloat is in "Never" and ,just is case, both sliders are on top 100%. Share Excess in ON.

Family is going nuts because of my WIFI issue so any help would be appreciated.

11 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Do you experience issues through ethernet or only through WiFi? Could you do a speed test on a wired device and on a wireless device for comparison?

Only WIFI. WhatsApp randonlly disconnects for about 10 seconds then goes back to normal. It happens almost every 15 mins. Im adding 2 pics with the results. My internet speed is 25 - 30 mb up and down.

1 desktop wired.png

2 phone wifi.jpeg

That's really interesting, because the bandwidth appears to be similar... 

Could you try opening the anti-bufferbloat side menu and ticking Disable QoS and see if that stops the problems? That would narrow it down to a QoS problem.

5 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

That's really interesting, because the bandwidth appears to be similar... 

Could you try opening the anti-bufferbloat side menu and ticking Disable QoS and see if that stops the problems? That would narrow it down to a QoS problem.

Yeah, the first pic is from Ethernet and second WIFI. I already tried disabling QoS, no improves. 

• Administrators

I'd assume this is actually due to you not using WiFi, as your speeds are low it doesn't take much to cause congestion. I'd suggest enabling it even at something like 90% so you don't lose much bandwidth and see if it improves.

• 7 months later...

OP, did you solve this problem somehow? I think, I have the same one right now. The funny thing is - I have a brother, who's a Cisco certified engineer (he got certification on this cciedump.spoto.net site back in 2016) and he can deal with this problem in no time. But I don't want to bother him. Because he lives in another state and it will be really hard for him to reach me. And so, that's why any advice required. Should I buy a new router or something?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, CaptainAnacrhy said:

OP, did you solve this problem somehow? I think, I have the same one right now.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you explain the issue you're having exactly and what you have tried so far?