XR500 : CoD Geo Filtering Interfering with Discord

Hello,

So this just started happening a couple days ago. With the CoD PC geofilter turned on, if I launch discord it will never connect to a server. It get's stuck on RTC Connecting/No route found. The router firmware is XR500 V2.3.2.56. 

Let me know what you guys think.

Hi @Netduma Alex,

Yeah I'm able to log into Discord and chat just fine via text. It is actually only the discord client that is having issues. The web version works just fine. Upon further digging it's the initial handshake that is the issue. Discord's US west servers are in southern California so if I restrict my geo filter outside of that I can never connect. However, if I open the geo filter enough to include it, I can connect and stay connected even after excluding southern California by making the filter smaller. It's a hacky workaround but at least there is a workaround. :)

Is there anything on my end I can do to fix this?

Well you could whitelist the California server. Turn off Auto Ping Host and click the server in question, then press ALLOW.

It would also be really helpful if you could send me a screenshot of the information that comes up after you've clicked the server, because then I can add a permanent whitelist for it on my end and that will be sent to all DumaOS routers.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
19 minutes ago, DFAN said:

this is also an issue for me although if you play with the regions in discord you can find one that overlaps but how do i identify the discord server to allow it?

Join the server, see what appears on the Geo-Filter map and then add it to your allow list