XR300 QoS help

• Administrators

Very strange it didn't make a difference, do try DMZ. Have you done any port forwarding on the XR? Are you using 'Always' or 'When High Priority Traffic Detected' for Anti-Bufferbloat? The nil box is fast search, I wouldn't recommend enabling it. It makes ping assist less strict so may get games above your ping limit.

Hi @Netduma Fraser 

Here I have 2 attached pics, setup as follows

ISP ( Plusnet Hub One) Wireless Disabled- Handling PPPoE ----- XR300 (Factory Reset) ----- XR300 DMZ on the ISP router. No difference in pingplotter evidence for the saturating the line. 

I can maintain good results this way, QoS -- Anti-Bufferbloat set as Always - 65% Download - 70% Upload ( 68mbps Actual download speed) (17mbps Actual upload speed) 

Bandwidth Allocation - Setting the high bandwidth devices (Netflix Streaming) to 5mbps, Disable Share Excess Bandwidth.  

This isn't an actual solution just a workaround, I am exhausted of any other ideas. 

Pingplotter Evidence Saturated.jpg

Saturated Pingplotter.JPG

• Administrators

So PPPoE information has been removed from the XR300 is that right? That seems like a good workaround, it just seems like Netflix is being too greedy for some reason and limiting the bandwidth actually does help - thats why the feature is there to help with issues like this.

Hi @Netduma Fraser yeah the Xr300 was reset to factory default with PPPoE removed, however  I have now set it up again with my TP Link modem and using my XR300 to handle the PPPoE ( just how I set it up originally) and I managed to get same results as previous using the bandwidth allocation with share excess disabled. So now I have a stable ping with a saturated line the real test is yet to come which is allowing my wife to watch Netflix while I’m gaming. I’ll post back to let you know how I get on. Thanks