device manager not showing active devices

Guest Killhippie
13 hours ago, kevo said:

i factory reset my xr500 and im on the latest update and none of my devices are showing active but my pc. my phone nor console is showing as active 

They can get stuck, its from what I remember a known issue with Milestone 1.3 try logging out and clearing your browser cache and logging back in.

Guest Killhippie
On 11/12/2019 at 9:25 PM, kevo said:

it didnt work

I would try the reboot first as downgrading puts the security of your router and LAN at risk as there is a critical kernel update in .56. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, so to speak.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, yodastoe said:

Any update on ETA of fix. I have the same issue and did several reboots. Now I am 1 day after a reboot and still am missing devices on network map so I cant manage them.

I can't give an estimate unfortunately, I realise it's frustrating but I don't have any news on this I can give you at the moment. If you're comfortable with missing security fixes etc then I would suggest downgrading so that you can see all your devices on the device manager.

Guest Killhippie
3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't give an estimate unfortunately, I realise it's frustrating but I don't have any news on this I can give you at the moment. If you're comfortable with missing security fixes etc then I would suggest downgrading so that you can see all your devices on the device manager.

So have a go and see if your router gets hacked, or your LAN but we cant fix this because we never patched these flaws in the last year. Its not a good look or good advise, Fraser. I understand its all you have but this should not be a scenario to get caught in if patching bugs had been priority over new features which needed almost a total re-write of DumaOS. Surely after the very pubic debacle with the R1 and DumaOS this should not even be happening. :(

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

So have a go and see if your router gets hacked, or your LAN but we cant fix this because we never patched these flaws in the last year. Its not a good look or good advise, Fraser. I understand its all you have but this should not be a scenario to get caught in if patching bugs had been priority over new features which needed almost a total re-write of DumaOS. Surely after the very pubic debacle with the R1 and DumaOS this should not even be happening. :(

The likelyhood of that happening is minimal especially if there aren't many ports open to the internet but I get what you're saying and I understand that. I can only report what is happening, if I was a developer/responisble for releasing upgrades then I'd jump on it myself but I'm not sadly.

Guest Killhippie
On 12/1/2019 at 4:24 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The likelyhood of that happening is minimal especially if there aren't many ports open to the internet but I get what you're saying and I understand that. I can only report what is happening, if I was a developer/responisble for releasing upgrades then I'd jump on it myself but I'm not sadly.

I know you would, Fraser. Things as they stand just seem to be rinse and repeat for you guys with the same problems keep rearing their ugly heads, if the Devs had patched any of this, life would be easier for you guys and the users who are somewhat frustrated depending on their level of technical knowledge and how much they push the router which is when it starts showing the bugs that have not been patched in almost a year now. Milestone 1.3 was just abandonware, I truly hope your devs change direction on patching because if not this will simply happen again and I know a few people who will move on, as you know ive taken mine down due to issues with antibufferbloat, QoS and IPv6 that cannot be fixed at this time, and it's sad when you have such a great OS. DumaOS is like Swiss Gruyère, looks lovely  tastes good on the first bite but is full of holes...